Splash & Dash visit 31-05 / 01-06

Started by Soap, June 03, 2008, 12:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

Splash & Dash visit 31-05 / 01-06

So after putting my idea out in the open, it was decided in less than a day that we would visit the parcs for one last time this year.
After some usefull tips from my forum friends (thanks!!) we decided to stay onsite at Cheyenne for past weekend.
We is: my mom, my dad, my little nephew, my lovely fiancee and offcourse moi ;)

Day 1

After getting up early and a 5 and a halve hour drive, we arrived at hotel Cheyenne around 8:30.
After checking in and a nice talk about the upcoming EURO2008 with Luis (cm) we walked to the main parc. On the way there we saw the new terras of Mickey's and Billy Bob's, both are great adds to DV
but well, at Mickey's the blue top is maybe not totally fitting, but on the whole it is a good add.

At first we had to get the wheelchair for my dad, because if he had to walk all day, well, we need a week for only 1 parc :P
The first thing we, read my little nephew, wanted to do is Buzz! He is just in love with the whole Buzz thing! He can't get enough of it.

After blasting some aliens and alike away it was time for some more classical adventure, Peter Pan's flight, Pirates of the Carribean and Phantom Manor.
So after less then a few hours, we were all totally up and into the magic again, an indescribable feeling!!! :D

When the magic starts to work, also the appetite starts, so we made a stop at the Bake Shop at Main Street for some drinks and pie's.
Well, i guess my nephew liked his Mickey cake a bit :P

So when we finished our lunch we felt it was time for some comboy and indian action!
And well, guess who we found over there....Pocahontas!

After another Pirates ride we watched the new show at the Merlin stage at the back of the Castle.
It's a great little add, but as mentioned elswhere on the forum, it lacks the fairies and malicifient, a bit of a bity. It could be so much better!

So in short this was the first they at the Parc. We did alot more, but it went al so fast...pfff...just don't know exactly what anymore :P
After parc closure we had a wondefull diner at the Rainforest Cafe. What a great restaurant that is, never eat there before, oh boy what did we miss out!

Day 2

Will follow soon.......
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Clarebelle

Great report and piccies Soap!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Soap

Thanks Clarebelle!
Hmmm....i noticed that every link shows everyone all pictures in my album...So 2 day is no surprise anymore  :P
Also there are some pictures that aren't that good, but ah well, no secrets for my forum friends ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Stitch

Awww...! I'm even more excited now! What a fab report!
-Jenn@

The Butlin Boy

Great report and pics Soap, thanks for posting :)

skalos

Hey soap... great TR!!

I just have one question is this picture (http://picasaweb.google.com/soapdibasta ... 9975409394 ) from a "Goodmorning fantasyland breakfast"?

toonarmylass

im must say i think your nephew is one of the cutest tigers i have ever seen!!!! bet hes got a  big roar though lol.

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "Soap"So when we finished our lunch we felt it was time for some comboy and indian action!
And well, guess who we found over there....Pocahontas!
http://picasaweb.google.com/soapdibasta ... 5844958370" target="_blank"
Oh I SO wanna meet Pocahontas! Very jealous!

Great report and lovely pics! I eagerly await Day 2! :D

\":lamp:\"

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Soap"Splash & Dash visit 31-05 / 01-06

When the magic starts to work, also the appetite starts, so we made a stop at the Bake Shop at Main Street for some drinks and pie's.
Well, i guess my nephew liked his Mickey cake a bit

Messy pup :wink:  :lol:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Soap

Quote from: "skalos"Hey soap... great TR!!

I just have one question is this picture from a "Goodmorning fantasyland breakfast"?

Yes its is! I just love it! :D
They don't really offer it at the hotel, but when you ask, it's surely possible! ;)

Thanks for all the lovely complements  :oops: ...and well my little friend is indeed a great tiger with a nice roar :mrgreen:
And Pocahontas was charming and beautiful...(don't let my fiancee hear this :P hahahaha)

Stitch

I thought that had stopped doing the good morning fantasy land breakfasts!? Fantastic... I'm going to request one when we go!
-Jenn@

toonarmylass

soap i think it would be ok for your future mrs soap to hear about pochahontis as im sure she know shes alway your princess :D

Soap

Quote from: "toonarmylass"soap i think it would be ok for your future mrs soap to hear about pochahontis as im sure she know shes alway your princess :D

Oh she surely is my one and only princess!!  :mrgreen:

Soap

Day 2

After a well deserved night of needed sleep, we went for an early parc breakfast @ Pinoccio's.

As shown on the photo, my lovely fiancee is enjoying her disney breakfast ;)
And well, clearly not totally awake, i also love the disney breakfasts :P

After breakfast we went for another round of alien shooting @ Buzz's and again my little nephew set a nem personal record!

After a strawl on our way to The Studios we meet a very famous someone!

At the studios well, my little lovely nephew, turns into a dangerous (but still very sweet:P) Tiger!

At the studios we ride: STT and watch Animagique and Stitch! After that we went looking for Mickey and his friends @ Toontown!

This day we had a lunch planned @ Agrabah Cafe.
What a pleasent and great surprise this little gem is!! The food is delicious and the atmosphere is unique! More then anywhere else, it's just as if you are really there.

After a nice cup of mint thea. we went for another pirate adventure!
After a wild ride it was time for the parade!
As always we enjoyed it very much and the weather was great for it!

Well....and then it was almost done, a real splash & dash visit of 2 days.
Not enough time to do it all, not enough time to relax, not enough time to see all the splendor, but surely enough time to sniff some of highlights and enjoy our last Disney Magic for 2008!
Hope you enjoyed the photo's and the little "what we did" story ;)

Well, what's your answer.....A Man or a Mouse ???????

Edit 10/06: Deleted most urls because of privacy issue.

The Butlin Boy

Great trip report Soap, and great photos as well. I really enjoyed reading it. Makes me wish I were there :wink: