[WDW] Space Mountain rehab

Started by Remco K., May 25, 2008, 09:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Some details on the Space Mountain rehab at Magic Kingdom. Keep in mind that these aren't official announced by Disney yet.

Quoteok....on the topic of the space mountain refurbishment, many of you loyal MCer's have been wondering when and what will be happening. Here is what I know based on the last few weeks of talking to the Test and Adjust crew, Imagineers, and the structural engineers. Keep in mind thes are not absolutely in stone, but this is what is in store as of now.

The queue will be the same, but updated with new projections and interactive games (think Soarin' but cooler).

The entire track will be replaced with new higher guaged steel, but the layout WILL NOT change - this includes new brakes and conveyors of course, and new main lift chain.

Digital projections will be placed in the ride area (there are already a few currently in place) with some new effects.

The load area will be enclosed so you cannot see the ride area, but there will be star effects on the new load ceiling.

New rocket trains with audio soundtrack will make an appearance (they will still be single seaters like the current ones).

Quick reset conveyors to help make downtimes less time consuming.

Slight re-themeing of the unload area to make you feel like you truly just pulled into a space port.
The post show area is still up for debate - it may change or stay the same....no news yet.

This is what i know for now and i will keep y'all updated the best i can.

Also, the refurb is still scheduled for january 2009 and may even get moved up to november 2008 depending on attendance and such....more to come...
Source: Space Junk on the MiceChat forums

Read the topic here: space_mountain_refurb_update-96889.html

mehdi5

Good that they're getting a refurb, but i am slightly dissapointed about the track and trains. The space in there is so big that only about a half of it is used, so i am slightly dissapointed with the same layout. And about the trains, well uhmm never mind. They could've done the same with Paris though, re-building the same layout with a new track would've smoothen the coaster a lot.