Sleeping Beauty on DVD & Blu-Ray

Started by Snow_White_Girl, May 23, 2008, 01:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehdi5

^
I think that list is correct, wouldn't be suprised if most of the upcoming Blu-Ray releases have loads more extras than the DVD's, DVD won't be here forever.

penfold12

The Blue Ray release also gets a copy of the DVD, hence the 3 discs!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "mehdi5"^
I think that list is correct, wouldn't be suprised if most of the upcoming Blu-Ray releases have loads more extras than the DVD's, DVD won't be here forever.

:offtopic: Who's to say BD will be here forever. A lot of analysists believe hard drives will be the thing of the future, no need for discs of any kind.

Plus I read that a scientist in Japan has invented an enzyme coating which can be applied to DVDs to increase their storage capacity by x10. SO DVDs might not be as dead as you think

Who knows what the future holds. All I know is I've spent the last 8 years updating my videos to DVD ( all 500 of them, as well as new DVD releases = 800+ films ), and I'm not gonna start all over again so soon. Ten years time SuperBlueRayPlus might be the next big thing............................................

mehdi5

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "mehdi5"^

:offtopic: Who's to say BD will be here forever. A lot of analysists believe hard drives will be the thing of the future, no need for discs of any kind.

Plus I read that a scientist in Japan has invented an enzyme coating which can be applied to DVDs to increase their storage capacity by x10. SO DVDs might not be as dead as you think

Who knows what the future holds. All I know is I've spent the last 8 years updating my videos to DVD ( all 500 of them, as well as new DVD releases = 800+ films ), and I'm not gonna start all over again so soon. Ten years time SuperBlueRayPlus might be the next big thing............................................
Those new dvd's have like 10 layers, most players and computers can't even read that much layers on a DVD so they're not quite fit for DVD releases. Plus Hard drives are the future, that is true, but that's still a long time from now, at least 8 years till it really kicks in. Plus a new kind of Blu-Ray wouldn't be needed, we already have 50gb discs, soon the 100gb discs that are in development and there are also 400gb discs in development in Japan and such. But enough off-topic stuff.

DisneyAlba

:bump:

Has anyone heard any more news on the Sleeping Beauty (dvd) release? I've not seen any advertisement here in Holland yet...

I'm still curious about the extra's that will come on the dvd edition; the differences in those between the American and European versions, and how the extra's will compare to the 2003 dvd release, as I listed all in my previous post... I can't wait to find it all out for sure.  :wink:
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

burntsienna

I ordered this the other day...

Its the 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition with 2 Discs and a Book :D

play.com has a release date of 27/10/2008

Book
Audio Commentary
Princess Fun Facts
"Once Upon A Dream" Music Video
Disney Song Selection
Picture Perfect: The Making Of Sleeping Beauty
Alternate Opening
4 Deleted Songs
Storyboard Sequences
Live Action Reference
Sleeping Beauty Art Galleries
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-Thru Attraction
Publicity
The Peter Tchaikovsky Story
Four Artist Paint One Tree
Briar Rose's Enchanted Dance Game
Sleeping Beauty Fun With Language Game

That's the list of special features, play.com has =]
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

DisneyAlba

Dribble, dribble, drool... What a pretty cover!!

It still seems to be missing some of the 2003 features, namely:
"Grand Canyon" - An Academy Award Winning Short Film
Featurette:
1. THE MUSIC - Mary Costa, Voice of Aurora, Reminisces About Walt Disney and the Making of the Film
2. THE DESIGN - Leonard Maltin and Others Discuss the Unique Design of the Film
3. THE RESTORATION - A Captivating Vision of the Spectacular Restoration Process
5. CREATING THE BACKGROUNDS
Documentary:
Helene Stanley Dance Reference

But it does include a book, and again: what  pretty cover!

I might order this version myself. :)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Captain Pan

for its first blu ray... theres something missing... THE FLASHY COVER!  :roll:

Yet as previous Disney Blu Ray Animations include Cine-Explore Sleeping Beauty Does So Too..

But Unlike Cars or Ratatouille where John Lasseter and Brad Bird Respectfully commentated on the Movie they directed, Sleeping Beauty's will have the voice of Disney's Head of Animation Studios and Pixar John Lasseter as Comentator... Which will be a turn up for the books and rather intresting in my opinion!

Remco K.

Zonadvd.com has some screenshots from the cleaned Blu-ray version of Sleeping Beauty. And it looks brilliant! :shock:

Images can be found in the article: //http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=895

burntsienna

My dvd and book came this morning!
It looks absolutatlly amazing!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Luigi

Quote from: "burntsienna"My dvd and book came this morning!
It looks absolutatlly amazing!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

i bought that version with the book too, it's really a nice book to read.
Also overall this version looks fancy.

Anthony

I'm hoping mine'll be here tomorrow. Can't wait. :D/ Very much a blu-ray snob now, DVD seems archaic.

Quote from: "Captain Pan"for its first blu ray... theres something missing... THE FLASHY COVER!  :roll:
And as with The Nightmare Before Christmas, even on the sleeve in the plastic case it has a hideous blue border around it with an ugly Blu-Ray logo -- even though the blue case itself has the same logo literally a few millimetres above it!  Can't they produce one cover for the cardboard slipcover and another for inside?

Also, why is the nice collector's version only available for DVD? Surely the people who are most likely shell out for that expensive version are the people who have already bought a blu-ray player and HD tv to get the best experience, if you see what I mean? Disney are a missing a trick here.

Luigi

Quote from: "Anthony"Also, why is the nice collector's version only available for DVD? Surely the people who are most likely shell out for that expensive version are the people who have already bought a blu-ray player and HD tv to get the best experience, if you see what I mean? Disney are a missing a trick here.

i guess because of the fact, that so far many more people have a dvd player than a br-player, so more potential customers for the collector's edition. Maybe for the next collector's edition it will be the other way around

Kristof

QuoteCan't they produce one cover for the cardboard slipcover

We got a slipcover here in Belgium & Holland!  It's the same as the normal cover but with a metallic shine.

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"We got a slipcover here in Belgium & Holland!  It's the same as the normal cover but with a metallic shine.
Oh you already got it, and I just sent a PM gushing about how amazing it is. :lol:

Mine came with a beautiful shiny slipcover too, and the sleeve in the plastic case is printed on shiny foil. Still annoys me they have the blu-ray logo twice on the inside, but anyway...

If you don't have a blu-ray player, put it on your Christmas list, along with this set. It's just spectacular, beautiful, perfect. But forget the beautiful, crisp picture, that's not the selling point of blu-ray for me anymore: The Cine-Explore mode with picture-in-picture videos and still images on top of the film as Leonard Maltin, John Lasseter and Andreas Deja discuss the film is incredible, possibly the best home video experience they've ever done.

And I was shocked to find that the UK edition at least comes with 2 Blu-Ray discs and the DVD! Bit pointless, I'd have preferred that new Disney File digital copy, but nice to get it. I thought such extravagance was reserved for their home nation. My case even randomly had 4 art cards inside.

Am I right in thinking the main menu is different depending on the time of day? I put it in when I got home and it's a twilight view over the kingdom, just like outside.  Edit: Maybe not, it's daytime now. :?