Waiting times by Bluetooth

Started by Remco K., May 17, 2008, 10:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Various forums report about some testing at the studios with waiting times by Bluetooth. Every GSM with a Bluetooth option should be able to retrieve the information.

Two pictures show the waiting times and a commercial for passports:

Source: Lynxmag?c

Source: Lynxmag?c

Javey74

If this goes ahead after testing, which I hope it does, [-o< it would be absolutely fantastic.  :D/   A real must for us fans.  :D
Bring it on.......... :D/  :D/  :D/

The Butlin Boy

What a great idea, lets hope it's successful and is made a feature in both parks :)

giorgio1712

Any idea as to when it would be introduced?

Captain Pan

Sounds like a great plan... as I will admit, I was put off by certain rides because of the waiting time and the squabbling parents at the fastpass, (I won't say which ride in particular but I think you can guess). That's why I spent so much time on Buzz Lightyear's laser blast.

adam_goodger

Do we know if:

1) It going to be running between 27th-30th May?

2) If it will work with the iPhone?

Nicholas-c

It should work with the iphone because it has bluetooth

They should make it resort wide! imagine... Sitting in the hotel "hmm should i go in the park now, or later... i know! lets check ride times!"

Good idea :D
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

adam_goodger

I have just downloaded the new parade/show times for WDS and there is an advert on it for the Bluetooth wait times and where you can use it.

Does anyone know if it is available in Disneyland Park?

Anthony

Amazing, it's true!!

QuoteFree real-time information on wait times, plus show times, videos and more
through the Bluetooth® function of your mobile phone.

Service activates in the following zones: Disney Studio 1 - 1, Crush's Coaster -
5, The Twilight Zone Tower of TerrorTM - 13 and at the Information Board

The people who developed the LCD information boards and now this have done an amazing job. In this department, DLRP is suddenly lightyears ahead of all the other resorts. You hear all these sketchy stories on places like JimHill about Disney using wi-if on Nintendo DS, but DLRP have just gone and done it already...

It does say it only works in those areas above, though... And how would it work? You turn your Bluetooth on, and then their system automatically tries to send you the latest times as a JPG image? I'm not really that familiar with Bluetooth.

@adam_goodger: It won't be at DLP yet since it's not on their Programme. I'd imagine the smaller WDS with more buildings is a good testing ground.

Hopefully if it's successful they'll be able to make it parkwide. It's not much use getting the tips on your phone if you're already stood at the information board, or at ToT or Crush. Better if you could get it while eating lunch at Backlot Express or whatever.

GeoffD

surely as the park is reasonably small it must be hard to limit it to a small area.

I'm not sure how bluetooth works really but it must have a reasonable range :?:

Owain

Quote from: "Baloo"It does say it only works in those areas above, though... And how would it work? You turn your Bluetooth on, and then their system automatically tries to send you the latest times as a JPG image? I'm not really that familiar with Bluetooth.
At my local vue when you walk past it or inside it, it sends you a bluetooth request to access film times so im guessing itll be like that.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "doddy13"surely as the park is reasonably small it must be hard to limit it to a small area.

I'm not sure how bluetooth works really but it must have a reasonable range :?:

Well, The most powerful bluetooth (Class one) Can broadcast up too 100m but at 100m its very jumpy connection they would probs have a class one transmittor every 75m or so and have it linked back to the information board
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"It should work with the iphone because it has bluetooth

They should make it resort wide! imagine... Sitting in the hotel "hmm should i go in the park now, or later... i know! lets check ride times!"

Thats suc a great idea! I really hope if the testing proovs to be succesful that this does become resort wide.

Great original idea from disney wich hopefully will prevent me going to and from the times board to find out attracion wait times
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Donald-Duck-Malta

OMG this is such a good feature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hope it will be ready by october 5th 2008!!!!I could try this feature out with my Nokia N95 8Gb! :roll:

smurfy74

it wont work with iphone version 1 ( the current one ) as the bluetooth is voice only-for headsets and car kits - sorry to say