Crush's Coaster

Started by Japper, May 16, 2008, 05:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japper

So has there actually changed something to the ride? I did remember them taking a survey about the ride to guest who did just ride it... What are your ideas for the ride?

Some ideas of me:
~ They could place some characters in the coaster part! It could be very simple..You know, like a statue of dory and marlin screaming (see picture)! They just place a speaker and a spot on it that goes on and of when a vehicle passes! Not to expansive..

~ They really have to Dory to the whole ride! In America she just makes the nemo rides so funny! And she could be there in the coral.. in the submarine chilling with bruce, with the Jellyfishes and like I said above: screamin and enjoying the wild part of the ride!

It's not that expansive.. they just need to add a lot of characters to the ride! They could borrow the sounds from the other nemo rides or the movie.. and the statues wouldn't be that big.. Let's make the one hour waith worth it!

Tell all of your ideas and opinions :nemo: ! :)

never2old

First thing they need to do is make it a Fast Pass ride!!

As for the ride itself, I can't say... I've done it 1,5 times - 1st time (second day after official opening), it all started great, then when we got to the rollercoaster bit it broke down... After a while they turned on the lights, and they came to rescue us, we were all the way up and had to walk all the way down.... They got us then to the start of the queue, and after it was fixed (or so we hoped) we got in again. But by then I had seen what lay ahead, and after being stuck once, I was pretty scared  :oops:  So I kept my eyes closed all the time and prayed for the end!

So I need a Fast Pass to go in there, because if I have to queue for a long time, I'll never go through with it!!

Maybe having Dory around would help me....

Kristof

QuoteFirst thing they need to do is make it a Fast Pass ride!!

And how would that work?   :?

never2old

Quote from: "raptor1982"

Well it's very simple, really...  :D  You have to go and take a ticket (the fastpass), and the ticket gives you a time when you can go back, and then you go and go into a different, shorter queue...  So you don't need to spend 1 hour in line!!

Japper

Ok but besides shortening the waiting line... I mean come one! Check out that picture! 0,0 theming... Also at the slow part at the end..

What about this? (see picture)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "raptor1982"

Well it's very simple, really...  :D  You have to go and take a ticket (the fastpass), and the ticket gives you a time when you can go back, and then you go and go into a different, shorter queue...  So you don't need to spend 1 hour in line!!

That is the last thing you need on Crush. It'd make a 90 minute queue even longer (I don't even want to imagine how long that would be. It is a fact that fastpass slows down the queues for the normal entrances (e.g. we queued for Buzz during EMH when there was no fastpass, and then again later in the day when it was working, the fastpass queue at least doubled the length of the queue which started at roughly the same point both times), Crush really doesn't need any longer queues that it already has.

Nice ideas by the way Japper, especially the ones in your last post, all of which I think would work very well. Can you imagine the end section looking like the coral reef at the beginning, with an AA Crush waving goodbye, with AA's of Nemo, Squirt, Malin and Dory as well  =D>  :mrgreen:

never2old

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"That is the last thing you need on Crush. It'd make a 90 minute queue even longer (I don't even want to imagine how long that would be. It is a fact that fastpass slows down the queues for the normal entrances (e.g. we queued for Buzz during EMH when there was no fastpass, and then again later in the day when it was working, the fastpass queue at least doubled the length of the queue which started at roughly the same point both times), Crush really doesn't need any longer queues that it already has.

I don't think that's true for all rides, I think the fastpass works very well in Space Mountain, Peter Pan, and most times in BTM (though not always...). Though I agree, for Buzz, it's not great  :cry:

The Butlin Boy

They've already tested fastpass on Crush as well, and it was not successful :|

never2old

don't see why they didn't built one in from the start... Oh well. No fastpass then...  :(

mehdi5

Quote from: "never2old"don't see why they didn't built one in from the start... Oh well. No fastpass then...  :(
Because Crush's Coaster is a low capacity ride. Most attractions with low capacity only get longer lines becase of fastpass. Space Mountain, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror have less influence by fastpass because they have a higher capacity. If Crush we're to have fastpass it would be a disaster.

david

before i went on crush i was anticipating a lot more special effects inside the ride- although the bubbles and the projected characters are nice.
How i had imagined it was that there would be walls built around the track with much more colourful moving images projected on to them of rushing water (and maybe the occasional character)- much more like the EAC in the movie.
If there were any changes made to the ride, i'd like this- but i doubt that it would be possible to build walls around all of the track as it is such a tight and complex circuit.

Maarten

Excellent topic Japper!

Quote from: "Japper"What about this? (see picture)

I like your ideas very much.

Queue area
First of all I would like to see an expansion of the outside queue. The "temporary" queue in the Agrabbah oasis is just a cheap solution. Maybe they can extend the roof of the outside queue to the area directly behind the Flying Carpets over Arggrabah on the current parking lot? I would also like them to add some camera equipment and more backlot stuff similar to what they've done at the queue of the Carpets to remember the guests that you're entering the set of Finding Nemo. Maybe its also an idea to use the "Big Blue World", "Just Keep Swimming" and "We Swim Together" tracks from Finding Nemo- The Musical in the queue area loop. Another addition to the queue would be a videoscreen on the wall of Studio 5 which shows trailers of the film to raise the anticipation and to connect with the characters before netering the ride building.

Sydney harbour/Loading area
I would add some studio equipment once again to show the people that they're on the set of Finding Nemo (especially in the small hallway between the outside queue and the Sydney harbour scene). I would also add harbour props like wooden boxes and water reflection on the walls (lighting effect like on the outside of the building during night) to complete the harbour scenery. This way the theme will unconsiously change from the toon backlot theme with camera equipment towards the world of Nemo. You're sucked into his world so to say.

External coaster track
Not much has to be changed here, but the splash effect like the Imagineers had in mind would be a welcomed addition. I heared they even build the waterpipes but something went wrong during construction so they are unusable now.

Rollercoaster section
Especially the coaster part of this attraction lacks big time. In addition to your ideas I would like them to add fog/smoke (like Rock n' RollerCoaster) and blue lights so you've got a sense of being under water. Besides, I would like them to add a tunnel made of coral and rocks (like at the darkride section in the ride) in the last part of the coaster track when you are slowely riding back to the station. This way you can incoorporate projections of characters (once again like at the darkride section) like Crush, Nemo, Dory, Squirt and Marlin and make a proper goodbye-scene. That way its also impossible to look at the coaster track, since the idea of swimming through the East Australian Current and a coaster track collide story/theming wise. Why is this ride called Crush's Coaster by the way?! Very studio-ish indeed... at least Rock n' RollerCoaster never pretended to be something different than a rollercoaster. Crush's Turtle Twister would have been a far better name in my humble opinion.

To conclude; give the attraction more characters to look at. What is a film without its actors? What is Finding Nemo without Nemo, Squirt, Dory, Marlin, Crush and the others?!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Maarten"Excellent topic Japper!

Quote from: "Japper"What about this? (see picture)

I like your ideas very much.

Queue area
First of all I would like to see an expansion of the outside queue. The "temporary" queue in the Agrabbah oasis is just a cheap solution. Maybe they can extend the roof of the outside queue to the area directly behind the Flying Carpets over Arggrabah on the current parking lot? I would also like them to add some camera equipment and more backlot stuff similar to what they've done at the queue of the Carpets to remember the guests that you're entering the set of Finding Nemo. Maybe its also an idea to use the "Big Blue World", "Just Keep Swimming" and "We Swim Together" tracks from Finding Nemo- The Musical in the queue area loop. Another addition to the queue would be a videoscreen on the wall of Studio 5 which shows trailers of the film to raise the anticipation and to connect with the characters before netering the ride building.

Sydney harbour/Loading area
I would add some studio equipment once again to show the people that they're on the set of Finding Nemo (especially in the small hallway between the outside queue and the Sydney harbour scene). I would also add harbour props like wooden boxes and water reflection on the walls (lighting effect like on the outside of the building during night) to complete the harbour scenery. This way the theme will unconsiously change from the toon backlot theme with camera equipment towards the world of Nemo. You're sucked into his world so to say.

External coaster track
Not much has to be changed here, but the splash effect like the Imagineers had in mind would be a welcomed addition. I heared they even build the waterpipes but something went wrong during construction so they are unusable now.

Rollercoaster section
Especially the coaster part of this attraction lacks big time. In addition to your ideas I would like them to add fog/smoke (like Rock n' RollerCoaster) and blue lights so you've got a sense of being under water. Besides, I would like them to add a tunnel made of coral and rocks (like at the darkride section in the ride) in the last part of the coaster track when you are slowely riding back to the station. This way you can incoorporate projections of characters (once again like at the darkride section) like Crush, Nemo, Dory, Squirt and Marlin and make a proper goodbye-scene. That way its also impossible to look at the coaster track, since the idea of swimming through the East Australian Current and a coaster track collide story/theming wise. Why is this ride called Crush's Coaster by the way?! Very studio-ish indeed... at least Rock n' RollerCoaster never pretended to be something different than a rollercoaster. Crush's Turtle Twister would have been a far better name in my humble opinion.

To conclude; give the attraction more characters to look at. What is a film without its actors? What is Finding Nemo without Nemo, Squirt, Dory, Marlin, Crush and the others?!

Briliant ideas Maarten, just what the ride needs :)  =D>

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Briliant ideas Maarten, just what the ride needs :)  =D>

Thank you very much!  :)

Japper

Indeed great! I think only the idea to fill the coasterpart with smoke and some blue lights will make a big difference!

Or what about an 'smoke' screen with nemo projections just like they use for the davy jones projection in pirates (anaheim)?