Merchadise Insurance

Started by Javey74, May 05, 2008, 09:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

I am getting concerned about our ever growing Disney Collection, in particular our Disney Traditions, which are approaching the £1000.00 mark.   :roll:

I was wanting advice on insuring our DT collection separate from our home contents insurance.  I always think that there are too many grey areas in collection valuables on home contents insurance policies.  I did query this on last years insurance, and I was told I was covered for up to £1500.00 on a sole collectable item, I still didn't walk away convinced, they weren't sure if this also included malicious damage.  I know it does not include accidental damage.  8-[  

I take all the usual security precautions and the usual keeping of receipts, packaging of the goods, aswell as photo's.  But I still ponder about my exact cover and risk, I don't want to have to find out these answers afterwards, if the worst should happen.  I rather act now, while I can.  :shock:

Does anyone know of an Insurance Company who soley deals with collectable items, for theft, malicious damage and accidental damage.  Also how much I'd expect to pay for the above valued.  :?

One concerned Disney Collection Fan  :shock:

Disney_Princess

I always get insurance when I buy my items, I always go to HSamuels but this will be interesting to know when my 3 years insurance runs out.
[size=150]Every girl deserves to be a Princess... To be a Disney one makes you extra special[/size]

goofy-2000

Wow it looks like uu will have to look after stuff.

No matter what the price tag is, it will always be more in your heart.
i want every single goofy in the whole wide world ha ha ha