Hotel New York Ice Rink

Started by Mr_B, July 12, 2010, 01:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_B

Hi,

I've just been on the phone to DLRP to change my booking from NPB to HNY and the person I was speaking to
said that the HNY now has a new all year round Ice Rink.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Many Thanks,

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

Laura678

I was there June 14-17th and the ice rink was still there that I had seen last January!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Yes, the new artificial ice rink is now there for the whole year, which also means that those ugly and annoying cart things are finally gone :)

Martyn

Its nice,and looks very good, especially in winter, but its a shame that its not a real ice rink. I dont fancy paying 12Euro's for synthectic skating :(

Mr_B

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I agree it's an improvement that the carts / strange bikes have now gone.  :)

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

loladelorean

I have read somewhere else that a synthetic ice rink is much more environmentally friendly and that was an influence on the decision. Don't think i've skated on an artificial one before but ill certainly give it a go when we visit HNY in November :D
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

littlemermaid83

Does anyone know if they are still doing the skate with Disney characters for the little ones?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Martyn

^ I've never seen that before.

QuoteI have read somewhere else that a synthetic ice rink is much more environmentally friendly and that was an influence on the decision. Don't think i've skated on an artificial one before but ill certainly give it a go when we visit HNY in November

Well yeah. No energy is used at all to run it. Its just plastic tiles layed on tha floor. Its no where near the same experience as real ice skating.

_Natalie_x

I would like to go to DLP just for this ice rink now !! Hahaa i love skating. and disney. its like the perfect combo ! :P

do they play music or anything .. ??xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Martyn"^ I've never seen that before.

They was doing something with that around March time I think, someone posted photos on DCP I'm pretty sure.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Martyn

^ Ahh right, maybe its a new thing then...?

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"do they play music or anything .. ??xx

Yeah they play music. It looks amazing in the winter, with the tree's all around it lit up, and the large christmas tree behind it!

Riebi

Sorry to say that but the ice rink looked a bit...strange for me. Hot sunny days and no one at the ice rink but a wind  engine destroying the concept of the area. The CM looked indeed a bit sad under his big parasol with no customers.

Yes it´s better then the cart arena the year before. But it´s not HNY in his summer dress. Why not simply let come back the fountains and water area and the nice tables all around it. Should make more money then a lonely CM at a deserted ice rink. Seems guest want to skate at winter times but not during hot summer days (with the pools nearby).
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...