Disney Studio 1 Billboard - Refurbishment complete!

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2005, 01:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

:x  :x  :x  :x

Source:  amiral.benson at http://www.dlrpmagazine.com/forum

Patrick

That is not a promotion, more like a mutant on one of the most beautiful parts of the studios :evil: .  How typical it just goes up as I get ready to visit too :x .  I hope sometime soon they realise this was a bad discision and take it down, since I can't see this being very popular with anyone, and really if they are going to advertise a new movie, what just happened to the good old poster on a wall method, not a gigantic rubbish marketing tool, which will yes grab peoples attention, but what I am most worried about is first timers, they go the Studios and see this hideous beast, honestly I can't see that many wanting to go back, stupid Disneyland Resort Paris again, have they never heard of giving the Studios a break from bad ideas.

Kris

OMG That terrible rumour was true. It looks hideous so far and there's no point. It's hardly for a WDS event or an attraction (unlike the Central Plaza seasonal decor).  :roll:
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

flor

UGLY!!!!!

Kristof

And it's getting even uglier!!

Kris

Just how bland can they make a banner?!!!! It's all the same colour  :shock:

Kristof

The sky has fallen...

Patrick

Well I have now seen it countless times, in reality and it just looks ugly, suppose we will have to live with it for now.  Although the gimick of the sky falling is funny, I even saw a couple of families yesterday taking photos on the piece of sky I just walked past and was interested, of course at the time I ended up walking into another little brat sorry I mean Child :lol: .

Kristof

It amazes me even more that the fans who complain about anything new like Wishes and Mission 2 actually love this.  I think I'm going crazy...  ](*,)

Anthony

Can someone let me know one thing - are they using the banner to refurbish Studio 1 behind it, or was all that scaffolding just for the banner and nothing practical at all?  Because if the banner is just there to hide a rehab then I won't really mind.

If the answer is "it's just for the banner", prepare for screaming...  :?

Patrick

Well all I could see was scaffolding behind it with no action going on, so don't think it is a rehab, just a rubbish banner, it does kinda spoil photos a lot, even when you try to take one of the Sourcerors Apprentice fountain :( .

Anthony

I warned you...

Arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!! It's AWFUL!!!!

I feel sorry for you, Patrick - having to put up with that thing ruining the best part of the Studios.  Still a very good photo there though, but it's just not the same, is it?  :(

I know I'm repeating myself from a post in another thread, but this advert would have been just as good over at Animation Courtyard, and would have blocked out the construction in coming months as well...  :x  :x

Kris

Why didn't they use the screen to fill in a "gap" in the park itself rather than the grand entrance? I mean they could use it to mark where Toon Studios will soon be built, or maybe TOT  :roll:

Kinou

Quote from: "Kris"Why didn't they use the screen to fill in a "gap" in the park itself rather than the grand entrance? I mean they could use it to mark where Toon Studios will soon be built, or maybe TOT  :roll:

This will happen, but in a nicer way i hope, they plan to erect a facade reproduction of the city of the movie tht will hide the Construction fields.
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

Well I have no problem with those kind of things inside the park.  They did a great job last christmas with the Broadway backdrop!