Walt Disney: History /Facts /Quotes / Legends

Started by Javey74, April 13, 2008, 11:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Early Classic Mickey. That adorable, big eared mouse, with whom we've laughed and cried! Just a mouse. Just a drawing. But to us, he was human! The first animated being of his kind.

But was he original after all.  :?:  It appears not  :!:

1000 years before Mickey ever appeared in Plane Crazy, a French artist fashioned a bronze brooch that looks astonishingly like Mickey Mouse. Of course, he didn't mean to invent Mickey; he was trying to sculpt a lion but failed miserably, inadvertently stumbling upon the most famous cartoon character of all time..  :wink:   :D

-breeno-

Very interesting Javey :D

Just wonder was this completely by coincidence or was Mickey based on this?  If it's just coincidence then it reminds of the story i heard about the Death Star in Star Wars and this moon of Jupiter, apparently there is a moon that looks just like it, but it wasn't discovered until a few weeks after Star Wars was released in the cinemas :shock:   Spooky (but what a way to advertise a movie :lol: )
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Javey74

Quote from: "-breeno-"Very interesting Javey :D

Just wonder was this completely by coincidence or was Mickey based on this?  If it's just coincidence then it reminds of the story i heard about the Death Star in Star Wars and this moon of Jupiter, apparently there is a moon that looks just like it, but it wasn't discovered until a few weeks after Star Wars was released in the cinemas :shock:   Spooky (but what a way to advertise a movie :lol: )
Yeah, I heard about that one with the Death Star and one of Jupiters moons, very errie indeed.. :shock:  :shock:

Goes to show, there's lots of strange things that have happened in the past.. :wink:  :D