3rd - 10th Feb 2008

Started by Clarebelle, April 08, 2008, 09:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Hi everyone!

I just want to thank everyone who gave me advice and helped me plan my last trip to dlrp!!! your all fab!

I apologise if this report turns into a novel lol

3rd Feb 2008
I woke up early (I can never sleep properly before going to Disneyland lol) and started to check I had everything packed. Drove to my boyfriends (for the purpose of this report I shall call him CowenJ, thats what he wanted printed onto his luggage lol). We both checked again out luggage before weighing it, bad idea! I was over!!! and the weight limmit was less than last time, after shedding some weight my dad drove us to the airport ... after speeding and running two red lights!! we finally made it, in one piece.and set off for Disney!!!

We landed at CDG 2 minutes after the shuttle bus I wanted to catch left, after nearly three hours waiting a bus finnaly arrived, and let us board! now there was no hope of catching Candelabration or getting into the park :-( after checking in at Santa Fe, we took a leisurly walk to the Disney village.

Everything was just how I remembered it, the Hotel lobby and our room was exactically how I remembered it from when I stayed here with my mum and dad for the 5th year celebrations!!! I was so excited, and ready to show CowenJ the Disneyland that I love and cherish (we had both been before, both together and with our families, but CowenJ's family had stayed in Paris, and bconcentrated more on Studios than Disneyland, the traitors. lol).

We ate at the Rainforest Cafe, I was more impressed this time with the plate my food came on than the animatronics, it curved up and round, like a bib! (just what I need lol). After drinking a few too many cocktails we retired back to the hotel, to get a good nights sleep and to make the most of those EMH's in the park.

I set up a morning wake up call for the next day, I had been told that it was Goofy!! and was so looking forward to the morning ...

(sorry if images are too big, i am trying to make this work i promise)
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Javey74

Nice start clarebelle, looking forward to the continuation...... :)

Clarebelle

could anyone advise me how to add photos?
will they work from facebook? or can you suggest another website?

Javey74

I would suggest registering for a free account with 'PhotoBucket'.  One you have uploaded your photos onto PhotoBucket from your computer, click on the IMG Code that PhotoBucket will assign to each photo, your ready for pasting on the reply screen as you type your reply.  Make sure the photo's are no wider than 800 (Forum Rules), otherwise it wrecks the Forum Layout.

Here's the link for PhotoBucket: http://photobucket.com/

Clarebelle

hi!

thanks again javey74.
I am in the process if signing up for photobucket but my computer is strugling to upload the 1000 or so photos, maybe i took too many? maybe i should give her a break before i upload any videos lol.

i'm not very good with this am I!

Javey74

Hi Clarebelle  :D

Once you have registered, the box with the lines where you upload your photos, just to the right of your screen, there is a tab above saying 'Images From My PC', just under there you will see a photo size.  I can't remember what the default size is, but if you press options next to the size you can instruct the uploader to resize all photos to any of the given sizes.I have set mine to 640 x 480, I find this a comfortable size for this forum.  :)

Also you have the option of bulk uploads instead of uploading individual photos, which reading your previous post, I think you might need... :lol:  :lol:

Edited: Just a quick one, your room shot is too large, it's reading 1024 x 768, the others are fine.  You can see the problem it causes with the layout.  :oops:

Clarebelle

thank you sooooo much!!

i think i've got it working now ... hopefully

(they have a preset message board resizer that i found, hope this works).

Javey74

Spot On :D/  :D/

Everything present and correct now....You've got it  =D>  =D>

Javey74

No still not quite right, make sure the size has been defaulted to the smaller size on Photobucket  :!:

Edited: Yes you have corrected it now.  Basically you can always tell just looking at it. :wink:

Clarebelle

yay!!!
 :D/

oh what does that mean?

Javey74

If you're talking about the smilies, you can move the mouse over them and a box pops up to tell you what the expression is.  :wink:  (Wink - Try it over this one)

Clarebelle

oh ... no you last post, but thanks for that about the smileys, i really never knew you could do that, thats cool!

BlueClouds

You may think this is a strange question, but what did you eat in the Rainforest cafe? it looks really nice!
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!

Clarebelle

Monday 4th Feb
I woke up promptly at 6.30 am, ready to wait for my call from Goofy at 6.45 we would take breakfast at 7, to take full advantage of EMHs. Not only was my call NOT from Goofy :-( but it was late!!! So after slamming the phone down and waking my boyfriend up by jumping on the bed with a round of shouting Disneyland, Disneyland ... DISNEYLAND until he got up! lol we headed down to breakfast. It was raining slightly but this didn't bother me! We fuelled up for the day and headed into the park.

My first photo of the Castle and Mainstreet!

There were not too many people around at this time in the morning! and we made our way to Fantasyland (my favourite land), to ride as many rides before the rope drop. The wait times were fantastic, no wait at all! and we could just walk on to any ride (well the one's that were open).

Its great to see that these rides are still well looked after and still have all the charm they ever did! It really was a trip down memory lane!

Then we took some time to explore the castle gallery, and of corse take some more photos ...

I have only just notice Flora, Fauna and Merryweather in this statue! I don't even know how that is possible! maybe I forgot? isn't this one of the most prettiful things in the park? besides the castle itself that is.

After maxing out my memory card in the chateau we headed over Frontierland to wait for the rope drop (wow all that just in two hours the EMHs really make a difference don't they? especially on a gloomy day!).

As soon as the rope droped it was off to BTM. woo hoo!!!

And again

Clarebelle

I had their Chicken Pasta Salad dish (I'm a bit of a fussy eater but this was fantastic!!)

and CoewnJ had the Jungle? Burger (i'll ask him what the dishes were really called when he gets home later)

On the Subject of food etc at the Rainforest Cafe, does anyone know where I could find the recipe for their Typhoon Malibu?