[WDW] Woman Charged With 'Line Rage' Beating at Disney World

Started by Remco K., March 22, 2008, 12:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Unbelievable story from MyFox Orlando:

QuoteORLANDO, Fla.  --  It's supposed to be the happiest place on earth. But one woman says her experience at Disney World was anything but (video: MyFoxOrlando).

Aimee Krause claims Victoria Walker cut in line last year then beat her up when Krause called her out.

Now it seems the alleged "line rage" could send Walker to jail for 15 years.

The incident happened in May of 2007, but because the victim is now suffering serious after affects prosecutors are going forward with the case. New charges have also been added because Krause claims her children were also attacked.

Court documents say Walker beat Krause because Krause supposedly skipped Walker in the Mad Tea Cup ride line.

"She came from behind just screaming," Krause said this week. "Next thing I knew she kicked me in my left leg, threw me to the ground and at that point I was pinned between the teacup and the saucer and she continued to beat up on my body."

The incident report states Walker also tried to choke Krause with a lanyard she wore to hold water bottles around her neck.

Krause's medical records indicate the attack was so brutal, the 35 year old sustained severe physical damage.

When the alleged incident happened last May Walker was arrested. She bailed out of jail and returned to her home in Alabama.

During a deposition this past Monday though, Walker declined to accept a plea deal that would have given her a one year jail sentence.

Now Walker could possibly face 15 years behind bars if convicted on a battery with a deadly weapon charge.

Attempts to reach Walker were unsuccessful, because her phone is disconnected. Her attorney, David Frederick Allen did not return our phone calls.

Jury selection for the 'Tea Cup Madness' trial will begin in April.
Getting annoyed by someone who's cutting a line, okay. But trying to almost kill someone because of that, well, that's just crazy! :shock:

Masamune

:shock: Just...wow. That's seriously disturbing.

Malin

This animal needs to be locked up for her everyone's safety.

anthonysprincess

It's just insane! I hope something very severe happens to this attacker!!!!!

But you know what gets me personally??? I NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  I was working in Fantasyland during that time!!! On that complex no less (the one that includes teacups)!!! I wonder how this slipped past me??? I wonder if Disney asked the Cast Members who witnessed it or knew to keep quiet??? It's extremely odd considering the kind of gossip, etc that goes on in this area! :lol: I didn't hear of this til waaaaaay later and through an off-hand comment that someone had heard it in the news. I really wonder what kind of shutting-up they ask cast members to do in these cases cuz Im just sure I should have known about this.

That's sort of a personal note tho, lol.

But yes this is so awful... I really do send my best wishes to this woman who got hurt and hope the attacker really pays for this its so messed up!

And PS: The teacups queue IS officially the worst queue ever anyhow I mean I had guests be generally nasty towards me or worse quite a few times because of this queue.

Also she probably didn't even cut, the line is generally very short and then you enter this like holding pen and everyone's supposed to move as far up as they can. I had an insane group of people personally insult me, seperate me from my bf by physically putting themselves in front of him so he couldn't move up, shouting at me etc because I did what I was supposed to and moved all the way up in the holding pen at Haunted Mansion all because the cast member never said "please move all the way forward" and they STILL went on harrassing me even after I asked him to tell them that is what you're supposed to do. This is why you should never be that lazy at a job like this! And that's a easy job...(Im allowed to say that cuz it's the same as mine :P) This is more likely the type of thing that went down.

EDIT: oh, I see that the person attacked was the one who said something to the cutter... even more interesting. hmm. I wonder if she was harrassing her. Still not justified by any means but I would have liked to beat the snot out of those people harrassing me at HM heh. Anyways whatever happened its still awful...