Cinémagique repaint

Started by Patrick, March 09, 2008, 11:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Hmm, seems fences have arrived around Cinemagique, though the attraction is not set for its annual refurbishment for 10 days yet :? .

Source: Mr. Freddy, Disney Central Plaza

Anthony

It does need a clean-up, but.. woooooooop... stuff happening!!

The purple has turned cream!

Repainting from base coat, or a new colour scheme? The cream looks far nicer IMHO, more old-fashioned.

Kristof

Here are some more pictures from past weekend:

Yes, that's one of the many strobe-lights that are being added...

Anthony

Strobe lights?  Hh-oooohkay...

The purple is really nice. That area should be darker and more like a cinema lobby, so it helps.

Placemaking must be a while off yet, then. Unless this is it. :twisted:

Soap

It looks good! The purple is looking indeed much more classic and more cinema like.
Which placemaking Baloo???? (Or am i being a bit slow here????  :oops: )
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Riebi

I like the new colors too! And hope also that this won´t be the only placemaking thing. Would like a hollywod Bvd. one.

@ soap There should be a placemaking project for the rest of production courtyard, as rumoured.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Soap

Quote from: "Riebi"@ soap There should be a placemaking project for the rest of production courtyard, as rumoured.
Ahhh....like that  :oops:  Thanks for clearing that up for me Riebi!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Malin

So is this just a general refurbishment or the start of the long rumoured PlaceMaking/Theatre District that has been long talked about?

The Butlin Boy

Disneytheque have an update on Cinemagique:

New film posters?

Just looking at this picture, I noticed something. The white section looks an awful lot like this:

Is there a new cinema style design on the way? :-k

Source: Disneytheque

Kristof

You seem to have forgotten to post this picture:

Anthony

Those poster frames are more than a little ugly compared to the old ones... :(

The filmstrip down the entrance looks... reasonably good. I'd love to see some film titles on the new white panels though like you spotted, just some black letters saying "Star Wars", "The Wizard of Oz", "Les Parapluies de Cherbourg", "Titanic", etc would really help to attract people.

Worth pointing out the filmstrips hanging from the ceiling are gone too, if you didn't notice. And hopefully all those frames will be filled with posters of films actually in the film. :wink:

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"And hopefully all those frames will be filled with posters of films actually in the film. :wink:

If I'm not mistaken, these films that were "advertised" are in CinéMagique...

Riebi

Don´t know what to think about this film posters-thing. Must have a look after the finish of this section.

The "white section" could be a cool addition. Would be nice to see some titles there.

The film strip at the entrance isn´t totally my taste but I´ve must have a look later after the finish, too! :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"You seem to have forgotten to post this picture:

Ooops! :oops: Thanks Raptor :wink:

PeterPaan

I don't like much that beige colour on Cinémagique entrance...