Pooh's Hunny Hunt

Started by Remco K., February 24, 2008, 03:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

For a while I've been thinking the idea of turning Fantasyland Festival Stage into Pooh's Hunny Hunt, a ride containing the brilliant ride system of the Tokyo version of Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

This is how the area currently appears on Google Earth:

I've cut out the show building of Tokyo Disneyland's Pooh's Hunny Hunt and thanks to the wonder of Photo Shop a new ride is born in Paris! ;)

The entrance of the ride will be managed like this:

Photo used from DLP.info

This is the basic concept going through my mind. I thinks it's actually a pretty nice way of adding the Pooh ride to our Fantasyland.

Also, Winnie the Pooh is based on an English story. The ride will fit nicely along Toad Hall and Peter Pan, which are both also English-based.

Next time I'll share my ideas on how the queue lines and loading/unloading platforms will all fit into the current Festival Stage building.

Update: 26th of February 2008

Okay, so I've worked a bit on what would become the floor plan for the queue and loading/unloading platforms.

The shape of the Festival Stage was drawn over the Google Earth image, so things aren't really on scale.

The Parisian version of the Pooh ride will feature two loading/unloading platforms instead of the single load/unload at Tokyo Disneyland. First of all, there's enough space to do so, and six honey potts will enter the attraction at the same time, instead of three in Tokyo.

Also very clear on the floor plan, is the train track, which the honey potts will pass to reach the show building.

I'm not really sure about the exits though. I believe there are exits on both sides as specified on the plan. I know there are even more exits on the sides of the building, but those will serve as emergency exits.

Well, that's it for now!

Owain

Brilliant idea, i much prefer the tokyo version to the American Pooh rides.

The Butlin Boy

This is a really good idea and could work very well, I always thought that the Pooh attraction would be popular in Paris. Very well done Remco K =D>

Soap

Cool idea Remco!!!  :D
Would love to see this one day in Paris!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

toonarmylass

how old is that google earth picture??? its a cool idea though!

Remco K.

Quote from: "toonarmylass"how old is that google earth picture???
Well, there's no Tower of Terror yet over in the studios. Google Earth pictures are often not taken recently. I doubt though that the area behind Fantasyland Station has changed that much. It still serves as the dressing rooms for the shows given in Festival Stage is my guess.

The Butlin Boy

I've just had a thought. Remco, does the Tokyo image that you have posted in feature the queue line or not. And isn't there a shop as well, or is that just my imagination? :?

Remco K.

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Remco, does the Tokyo image that you have posted in feature the queue line or not. And isn't there a shop as well, or is that just my imagination? :?
You're right. I've already cut a part of the building. On my edited picture, the front of the show building is actually the back side of the Tokyo show building.

A piece of the building on my edited pic probably still contains parts of the shop and queue. A smaller show building will probably do the trick in Paris.

So, it's not just your imagination! ;)

Remco K.

Okay, so I've worked a bit on what would become the floor plan for the queue and loading/unloading platforms.

The shape of the Festival Stage was drawn over the Google Earth image, so things aren't really on scale.

The Parisian version of the Pooh ride will feature two loading/unloading platforms instead of the single load/unload at Tokyo Disneyland. First of all, there's enough space to do so, and six honey potts will enter the attraction at the same time, instead of three in Tokyo.

Also very clear on the floor plan, is the train track, which the honey potts will pass to reach the show building.

I'm not really sure about the exits though. I believe there are exits on both sides as specified on the plan. I know there are even more exits on the sides of the building, but those will serve as emergency exits.

Well, that's it for now!

Javey74

Nice designs, I could see this working in DLRP.  :D

By the way what software did you design the 'Festival Stage Floor Plan' with  :?:

Remco K.

Quote from: "javey74"By the way what software did you design the 'Festival Stage Floor Plan' with  :?:
I've used PhotoShop to create the floor plan, so, no special architectural software.

Javey74

Thanks for that info Remco K.

Didn't know you could do plans on PhotoShop like that.  :shock:

Parkfisch

I agree that this would be a nice attraction, but I don't like the place. On this site I would love to see an updated version of the  "Alice in Wonderland" - ride of California's Disneyland. The catarpillars (ride vehicles) could move above the gardens of Alice's Curious Labyrinth, when they come outside the building in the first floor (like they do in California). The Winnie Pooh  Ride could be built at the area between "It's a Small World" and "Star Tours" which was rumoured to get Toontown (but now there's a cheap Toontown style area at the Walt Disney Studios, so it's not needed anymore).

TowMater

Great idea, My sister (Who is a big Pooh fan) would love a Pooh ride in DLRP.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century