Elastigirl signing as Mrs. Incredible

Started by Kristof, June 30, 2005, 02:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I finally found out why Elastigirl signs Mrs. Incredible!!  :lol:

From IMDB.com:

QuoteThe superheroine Elastigirl isn't the first one to use that name. Elasti-Girl is a member of the Doom Patrol, a DC Comics team whose adventures were published from 1963 to 1968, as well as in a new series that started in June 2004. The comic Elasti-Girl cannot stretch her body; she possesses the ability to alter her size. DC Comics allowed Pixar to use the "Elastigirl" name only within the movie itself. In all related promotions (toys, games, advertising), she is named "Mrs. Incredible", as well as "Soccer Mom".

Anthony

Ohhhhhhhhhhh!

That's interesting!  I thought it was a mistake on that promotional photo where the two of them are outside WDS and it says "Come and meet Mr. and Mrs. Incredible in person"... I suppose they were just being careful with the copyrights!

And also, I never even knew Elastigirl was already a DC Comics character...  :?

Nikkibelle18

"Soccer Mom"?  :?

I didn't know she was a comic book character either.

Poppy The Monkey

Your lucky to get her autograph, when we were there last week everyone was being told that she couldn't sign autographs because she is "too elastic"!  :roll:

Kristof

There's always a good reason why characters don't sign.  That Elastigirl was probably a stand-in.