Artificial trees?

Started by disneyloverjessie, February 17, 2008, 08:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyloverjessie

hi everyone i just want to know who knows what trees in both parks arnt real?
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

Kristof

La Cabane des Robinsons in the heart of Adventureland, the palmtrees in Disney Studio 1 and the palmtrees on Hollywood Blvd. are fake.  Also the Christmas Tree isn't real... lol

disneymadchris

That's quite surprising really about the Hollywood Boulevard ones . . . they look very real from a distance, and reasonably close up . . .

So, what are they made of? Just plastic?

disneyloverjessie

Quote from: "raptor1982"La Cabane des Robinsons in the heart of Adventureland, the palmtrees in Disney Studio 1 and the palmtrees on Hollywood Blvd. are fake.  Also the Christmas Tree isn't real... lol

anymore? i thought all of the adventureland ones where fake but im probebly wrong!
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

disneymadchris

Quote from: "disneyloverjessie"
Quote from: "raptor1982"La Cabane des Robinsons in the heart of Adventureland, the palmtrees in Disney Studio 1 and the palmtrees on Hollywood Blvd. are fake.  Also the Christmas Tree isn't real... lol

anymore? i thought all of the adventureland ones where fake but im probebly wrong!
I think the Adventureland ones are real trees but they are not actual palms . . . palsm wouldn't be able to survive in the French climate unfortunately . . .

Kristof

Quote from: "disneymadchris"That's quite surprising really about the Hollywood Boulevard ones . . . they look very real from a distance, and reasonably close up . . .

I don't know what they're made off, but they're very very realistic.  They even move like a normal palm tree would in the wind.  I know they were very expensive...

Quoteanymore? i thought all of the adventureland ones where fake but im probebly wrong!

All trees in Adventureland are real for sure!

QuoteI think the Adventureland ones are real trees but they are not actual palms . . . palsm wouldn't be able to survive in the French climate unfortunately . . .

There are palms, but very special ones that survive the frost.

disneyloverjessie

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "disneymadchris"That's quite surprising really about the Hollywood Boulevard ones . . . they look very real from a distance, and reasonably close up . . .

I don't know what they're made off, but they're very very realistic.  They even move like a normal palm tree would in the wind.  I know they were very expensive...

Quoteanymore? i thought all of the adventureland ones where fake but im probebly wrong!

All trees in Adventureland are real for sure!

QuoteI think the Adventureland ones are real trees but they are not actual palms . . . palsm wouldn't be able to survive in the French climate unfortunately . . .

There are palms, but very special ones that survive the frost.

are the ones that survive the frost really expensive and how many are there in the parks?

Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

Kristof

In fact those frost-free palmtrees are not that expensive.  You can often see those in gardens all over Europe.  They're called the Chinese Windmill Palm and can survive up to ?27.5 °C.  

At the resort they're used in a lot of different places: Disney Village (next to Annette's), Front Lot at WDS, Crush's Coaster & Flying Carpets and all over Adventureland.

Edit: added a picture of one of those palms.