Soccer School To Close!

Started by Anthony, August 27, 2005, 01:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

According to http://www.disneytheque.com, the Manchester United Soccer School will be closing its doors on 6th November 2005.  It's likely due to be down to the very limited success of the project.  

Well, what did they expect when they hardly advertised it around the resort?  All it got was a small box in the brochures... hardly any advertising in resort hotels, where they really should have been pushing it.  Same goes for Davy Crockett Adventure and Golf Disneyland...

This is a real shame though, because the soccer school was something very unique for DLRP, and was something that could have really enhanced the "extra day" resort concept they want people to follow so much (ie. an extra day to do Disney Village, Val d'Europe, etc.).

Kristof

Sad, but typical...   :(

Kinou

Am I the only one to be happy for this annoucement? This "school" of shame was so LAME! Good riddance! And bring back true Disney magic such as the RiverBoats and Main St. Vehicles!
Hug it out bitch !

Patrick

Actually I am with you Kinou, I am not a fan of football anyway :lol: , but still it seemed to look like something they have at a British holiday camp, Butlins :lol: .

Kristof

Quote from: "Kinou"Am I the only one to be happy for this annoucement? This "school" of shame was so LAME! Good riddance! And bring back true Disney magic such as the RiverBoats and Main St. Vehicles!

I was just being polite...  :lol:   To be honest, I don't care!  :P

Sweet Laker

Like Kinou said: "Good Riddance!" =D>   :thumb:

I dont like soccer anyway  :P

sparkles

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Actually I am with you Kinou, I am not a fan of football anyway :lol: , but still it seemed to look like something they have at a British holiday camp, Butlins :lol: .

lol i dont know if they still do but they definately used to do them at haven holiday camps!!

Anthony

I hate football too, but the MUSS was a good thing for the resort to have  - having a lot of these extra recreation options can make people stay an extra day.  It's a shame for the resort that it never succeeded, but I suppose the market just wasn't there for it...

Anyway, here's an official press release from DLRP about it:

QuoteAfter 18 months of operation, Manchester United and our company have mutually agreed to cease the year-round operation of their Manchester United Soccer Schools facility (MUSS) at Disneyland Resort Paris.

Starting November 7th 2005, Disneyland Resort Paris will focus on using the field turf facility for business and leisure groups, whilst Manchester United will continue to have use of the facility to deliver dedicated coaching programs for up to four weeks a year.

Since opening, Manchester United Soccer Schools have welcomed over 7,000 children in half-day sessions where they have been trained the Manchester United way.

So at least the pitch won't be left to turn to weeds just yet.  :wink: