How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k

Yikes. I was afraid of that answer, but we don't have much of a choice in terms of dates. I guess it really would be best to go for 2 days to give us more chance to try the popular rides.
EMH is the answer, at least that would get some things out of the way before the epic crowd.
Thank you for the answers. :)

JMB

Quote from: k on December 14, 2018, 10:16:01 PM
Yikes. I was afraid of that answer, but we don't have much of a choice in terms of dates. I guess it really would be best to go for 2 days to give us more chance to try the popular rides.
EMH is the answer, at least that would get some things out of the way before the epic crowd.

Are you planning on going as day visitors?  I ask as I believe EMH are only available to those staying in a Disney hotel or with APs.

k

Quote from: JMB on December 14, 2018, 11:20:33 PM
Quote from: k on December 14, 2018, 10:16:01 PM

Are you planning on going as day visitors?  I ask as I believe EMH are only available to those staying in a Disney hotel or with APs.

Sorry it took me a while to reply to this. We are planning to get APs, so EMH should be applicable. 😊

Rapunzel1

Any thoughts on June 10 (next monday - the day after pentecost).

We are in Paris next weekend and we want to visit Disneyland for one day. Sunday is probably way too busy so that leaves Monday.

NCC1701Q

Monday is (at least in the Netherlands and in Belgium) a national holiday, so you might run into a lof of Dutch/Belgian people.
I think you should prepare for quite a crowd, unless the weather forecasts are very bad.

PhillyMax

Hi, not sure if someone knows the answers to these questions or not, but ... We've booked a week at Sequoia Lodge October 11th to 18th, using some of our DVC points.  DVC says we can add one of the dining plans at check-in, but the local (FL) DLP agent says we can't.  That's my first Q.

My next is, should we make dining reservations in advance?  What happens with those if we are able to add one of the meal plans at check-in?  I don't want to risk having to miss a reservation or paying a surcharge for not showing, but on the other hand, I'd like to plan some dining so I can work on a daily itinerary. 

And lastly, how crowded is that week, typically?  Are some days better than others for the parks?  We've already booked Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show for Sunday, October 13th; are park tickets required to get to this event?

claire2281

Quote from: PhillyMax on July 02, 2019, 04:25:39 AM
Hi, not sure if someone knows the answers to these questions or not, but ... We've booked a week at Sequoia Lodge October 11th to 18th, using some of our DVC points.  DVC says we can add one of the dining plans at check-in, but the local (FL) DLP agent says we can't.  That's my first Q.

My next is, should we make dining reservations in advance?  What happens with those if we are able to add one of the meal plans at check-in?  I don't want to risk having to miss a reservation or paying a surcharge for not showing, but on the other hand, I'd like to plan some dining so I can work on a daily itinerary. 

And lastly, how crowded is that week, typically?  Are some days better than others for the parks?  We've already booked Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show for Sunday, October 13th; are park tickets required to get to this event?

I can't say I've ever heard of anyone buying a meal plan at the hotel. They're offered when you book online at the same time you make your reservation. It may be the case that they don't have the ability to process them there but I can't say for sure.

Yes you definitely should make reservations in advance if you want to eat in particular places or times. If you're very flexible then it may not be so necessary but could also lead to some long waits. When you make a reservation you just supply your name and party size - they don't charge you if you don't show and there's no way of doing so. You can make reservations online in some versions of the DLP website: see here for instructions.

I can't see it being too busy that week since it isn't a school holiday in the UK or France. Obviously the weekends will be busier though.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

JMB

Quote from: claire2281 on July 02, 2019, 08:39:08 AM
Quote from: PhillyMax on July 02, 2019, 04:25:39 AM

I can't say I've ever heard of anyone buying a meal plan at the hotel. They're offered when you book online at the same time you make your reservation. It may be the case that they don't have the ability to process them there but I can't say for sure.

Yes you definitely should make reservations in advance if you want to eat in particular places or times. If you're very flexible then it may not be so necessary but could also lead to some long waits. When you make a reservation you just supply your name and party size - they don't charge you if you don't show and there's no way of doing so. You can make reservations online in some versions of the DLP website: see here for instructions.

I can't see it being too busy that week since it isn't a school holiday in the UK or France. Obviously the weekends will be busier though.

Just a quick note.  I've looked at DVC previously and am quite confident that meal plans are not available if you book using DVC points. 

Lornamar

Anyone know how busy it will be February 4th sunday until Tuesday the 6th?

Klattsy

Not sure if its been linked previously, but this website: https://www.ooparc.com/fr/177-Parc_Disneyland/Infos/Frequentation/
gives park forecasts.