How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter-stone

I'd say that summer months generally tend to be pretty busy, the last time we went there on a whim in August I couldn't even book any nearby hotels and chose to rent an apartment in Paris https://tranio.com/rent/france/ile-de-france/paris/ And the park itself is swarming with people, and it's not the best way to enjoy it (imho) just in case, I like people :)

ulak2

Hello. What will be the crowds November 11 - 25, 2017,  please?

Ehg_92

2 weeks tomorrow, so how busy will it be on the 27th Nov to the 1st Dec?

alankeller

July 4, 2018 through July 8, 2018 - How busy will it be?

Pvbmb01

22 May to 26 May 2018 - how busy will it be and what kind of weather should i expect? xx

Coop

First trip happening this summer!!

Any opinions on what I might expect mid June, Wednesday the 13th to be exact?

Thanks!

Flit

I will be visiting from Monday 4th June - Friday 8th June 2018.

Does anyone know how busy it will be then?

Also, are there any french school holidays at that time?

Thank you!  :D

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: Shona on March 14, 2018, 12:40:49 AM
I will be visiting from Monday 4th June - Friday 8th June 2018.

Does anyone know how busy it will be then?

Also, are there any french school holidays at that time?

Thank you!  :D

I don't think there are any holidays around that time of year. I usually visit midweek and its generally quiet with most queuing times 20 minutes or less

Flit

Quote from: Pete's Dragon on March 14, 2018, 12:08:29 PM

I don't think there are any holidays around that time of year. I usually visit midweek and its generally quiet with most queuing times 20 minutes or less

Thank you, that is very helpful! :)

Tinkerhel1970

This will be our 5th trip to DLP but our previous 4 have all been in May/June and this time we're going in September (17th - 20th). Does anyone know how busy it usually is at this time of year?
DLP June 2004 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW December 2005
DLP May/June 2011 - Hotel Cheyenne
DLP May/June 2016 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP June 2017 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP September 2018 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW November 2019

DC

Quote from: Tinkerhel1970 on June 11, 2018, 04:25:30 PM
This will be our 5th trip to DLP but our previous 4 have all been in May/June and this time we're going in September (17th - 20th). Does anyone know how busy it usually is at this time of year?
I went last year around those dates and I thought it wasn't busy. I never spent more than half an hour at lines but I was always checking the app and/or getting Fastpasses. There were some crazy lines but I managed to avoid them all.
At that time of the year classes had already started in France, UK and Germany (I noticed an unusual amount of Spanish kids but it's because classes started at the middle of that week).

k

How intense does it get around 29-30 December in terms of queues?  :-\

JMB

Quote from: k on December 12, 2018, 10:22:43 PM

We went last year for 4 nights and have added a 5th to this year's trip because there was a lot of queuing. There are lots of tips elsewhere on the forum on how to avoid too much queuing (EMH, riding E-ticket during parade and illuminations, which time of day is quieter etc) but be prepared.  As a rough idea and from memory, the average time during the day was approx BTM 60min, Peter Pan 80min, SM 80min, Crushes coaster 90min.

I don't remember queueing for less than 30/40min for anything with the exception of TOT which was oddly only 15min and, also odd, Pirates was a walk on. We must have just timed them perfectly by chance.

Slimy yet satisfying

Yup I agree. Very busy for rides. We generally use trips at that time of year to soak up the atmosphere, look at the decorations and watch the shows and parades. We don't ride much at New Year because of the queues. Sometimes you can get lucky if you can get on a ride that has just reopened after a temporary closure as the queues havent built up again yet but again that is just luck. Take advantage of EMH and grit your teeth and queue for those rides you cant live without.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

mrosstravel

Quote from: k on December 12, 2018, 10:22:43 PM

Mega busy sorry.  Just get in the parks early, get your fastpass's nice and early
AP Holder & UK Travel Agent based in Marne La Vallee right next to the magic!