Having A Free Piece Of DLRP...

Started by Javey74, January 18, 2008, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treble

like everyone else - soap, room keys (apparently they replace them anyway) maps, ect..
the first time we went we went with my niece and her friend - both in their 20s. that little bar of soap seemed to start something because her friend collected eveything. by everything i mean every different cup, plate, napkin, food bag, every salt, sugar, sauce packet she could get her hands on, straws, plastic carrier bags, a map in every language - you name she saved it  :shock: it became an obsession. she actually became quite freaked out when i was given one of the extra large red and white bags. she hadn't got that one. i did say she could have it once we were home but no she had to get one herself. i think she would of taken the curtains and bedding if we'd let her :P
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

BlackWolf

I collected a couple of things; soap and shower gel from the room etc.

On a side note; people have started selling these items on ebay :shock:

toonarmylass

i know its ridicuous, carrier bags "rare sugar and 15th anniversary napkins" etc. you got them for free for petes sake!!! i wouldnt like to add up the amount of soaps etc i have.

Nala_84

We also take home the soaps and the shower gels - why not? :) Although I somehow thought that in September (we stayed at NPBC) it was the first time ever we had shower gels... during our previous trips we stayed at the Cheyenne & Santa Fe, and somehow I can only remember the soaps  :-k

I was also so lucky we got a postcard from the NPBC, I also think there weren't some at the Cheyenne & Santa Fe!

And last time we also took some 15 napkins with us  :lol:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

BlackWolf

I think it's quite rare that someone will go to DLRP and not bring anything back. However, if I don't see the point in buying them off Ebay.

Surely, the whole point of bringing them back is as a memento, or as a souvenir. You wouldn't have any of that if you purchased one off Ebay.

Also, someone (no joke here) is selling a half used shower gel from the Disney hotel. Crazy!

toonarmylass

id like to see that item and then let them know that they are not right in the head.lol. half a shower gel indeed. when i stayed in the santa fe i only got soaps, in the sequioa i got soap and shampoo, in the new york i got, soap, shower gel, shampoo, moisturiser, bath crystals shoe horn and a shoe cleaning kit. needless to say they all came home with me.

Javey74

Quote from: "Nala_84"Although I somehow thought that in September (we stayed at NPBC) it was the first time ever we had shower gels... during our previous trips we stayed at the Cheyenne & Santa Fe, and somehow I can only remember the soaps  :-k

I think you're right Nala, I thought the same, in October 2007 when we went, I noticed the shower gel, everytime we went before that is was soap in the black and red boxes.  :D

Timbo

I noticed on my last trip that someone had got the ultimate souvenir !! It was in the shop (La Chaumiere des Sept Nains)near Snow White where there is a scene of all the animals washing clothes in the stream,just before you enter the shop properly.It seems as if someone has taken the two birds that were holding up a piece of cloth in the water !! I would be interested to know if they have been replaced by now , so have a look !!

Javey74

Mmmmm I see, unless they were removed for re-paint or repair.  I would assume they would be secured well if they were within public reach.  Well time will tell.  :shock:

madzilla

I always take the toiletries (soap, shower gel), and sometimes the sugar/salt sachets. I also still have 2 chocolate coins from Buffalo Bill's.

Last time I brought a notepad and stationery (paper and envelopes) back from our room in the Hotel New York, and also a propelling pencil, all with the hotel's logo on.

I also keep random things, like receipts, bus tickets, unused Fastpasses, etc. :)

Javey74

Quote from: "madzilla"I also still have 2 chocolate coins from Buffalo Bill's.

Oohh I forgot about those, I came across 18 of them in the kitchen cupboard stacked up.  I'll probably eat them, they are still edible, but save 2 of them for keepsakes.   :lol:

Nicholas-c

i remember when we stayed at the davy crocket ranch for first time we had the breakfast thing and didn't have the juice etc, took it home with us :P 6 days worth of juice for 6 people is alot!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"i remember when we stayed at the davy crocket ranch for first time we had the breakfast thing and didn't have the juice etc, took it home with us :P 6 days worth of juice for 6 people is alot!

That reminds me, Davy Crockett Hot Chocolate packets! :D

a.newton

The best thing about the shower gel or shampoo is to take a big sniff of it every now and then, the smell really makes you think of DLRP!

Somewhere is a box of "stuff" we have some of those nice hard plastic types of park tickets, they were really nice but too expensive for DLRP to keep using, I suppose.

I have drilled a small hole in some room keys to put on the pin lanyards that are sold without the plastic wallet on the clip.

bad-pink-tink

I have the original purple 3D glasses and the new yellow 3D glasses from Captain EO, also like everyone else I have the soap and shower gel from Santa Fe.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016