The Celebration Continues... Big Time! (2008-2009)

Started by Kristof, January 07, 2008, 01:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"I heard a DLP advert on the TV this morning that was on about the summer season and it was saying "come for the finale of the 15th birthday celebrations"...I thought it was on till March 2009?! That's one hell of a long finale!!  :lol:

That's what I thought... Then I got Scared... For Me Finales are 10 minutes long at the most (I do the occasional Musical...)

I'm not going till Autumn/Winter... I don't want to miss out...

Although I was thinking it being the 80th Birthday of Everybody's favorite Mouse. Mickey's 80th could be taking the limelight... So we could be celebrating a birthday... But not continuing the celebrations of the 15th Year...

Kristof

QuoteAlthough I was thinking it being the 80th Birthday of Everybody's favorite Mouse. Mickey's 80th could be taking the limelight...

"You know folks, you gotta be careful what you wish for around here, or you'll get yourself in an awful mess..."  Jiminy Cricket in Wishes!

Captain Pan

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteAlthough I was thinking it being the 80th Birthday of Everybody's favorite Mouse. Mickey's 80th could be taking the limelight...

"You know folks, you gotta be careful what you wish for around here, or you'll get yourself in an awful mess..."  Jiminy Cricket in Wishes!

If I get this comes to light... Please someone link me up with the National Lottery I'll replace Mystic Meg! :donald:

Question... did Disney do anything for the Birthday of Pooh Bear? Cause I believe Christopher Robin's best Friend reached a mile stone... Can't remember which one tho...

Anthony

Yes, the TV ads are back! From now until about the second week in June, I think. They were in practically every ad break on E4 last night (I had it on in the background).  The new voiceover is a bit better - I'm not really sure how well "the celebration continues!" went with the audience, would it just sound like they've run out of ideas? Saying "join us for the finale" now makes sense, since the stuff for the 2009 season will begin appearing at the end of this year, and I'm guessing the upcoming autumn/winter brochure will be pushing it as the finale.

I wish he wouldn't say "See the Dream Parade!" though, and again it's a shame to see the bad effects as the kids jump through the castle and WDW's ugly contraption rather than the real OUADP. Maybe one day DLRP will be capable of producing good TV ads on its own and we won't have their footage forced upon us.

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Question... did Disney do anything for the Birthday of Pooh Bear? Cause I believe Christopher Robin's best Friend reached a mile stone... Can't remember which one tho...
Not recently, though I've got a funny feeling the original outdoor Winnie show was introduced for his birthday. The last character birthday celebrated was Donald Duck, very randomly a few years ago...

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Question... did Disney do anything for the Birthday of Pooh Bear? Cause I believe Christopher Robin's best Friend reached a mile stone... Can't remember which one tho...
Disney have been making Winnie the Pooh features since 1966, so that would make him 42 now as far as Disney's concerned, but obviously he was around as a fictional character long before that - Disney just didn't get the rights to the character till the 60s. If we go from when he was created by A.A. Milne, Pooh is actually older than Mickey, at 83!!  :)

Quote from: "Baloo"it's a shame to see the bad effects as the kids jump through the castle
Ha, yes!! :lol: You know how you always think stuff you see on the adverts never really happens?! Well I remember seeing an advert for DLP once where all the kids were running into Fantasyland, I said to my boyfriend "Oh I bet that doesn't happen!"... Oh how wrong we were... We were at the Fantasyland rope-drop on our first morning at DLP, and at 10am on the dot there was just a stampede of kids!! Worrying thing was I think I was in front of most of them, dragging my poor boyfriend along behind me!! :roll:

\":lamp:\"

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"
Disney have been making Winnie the Pooh features since 1966, so that would make him 42 now as far as Disney's concerned, but obviously he was around as a fictional character long before that - Disney just didn't get the rights to the character till the 60s. If we go from when he was created by A.A. Milne, Pooh is actually older than Mickey, at 83!!  :)

How did you get 83... I was looking at it earlier and I got Pooh's first Appearance in Winnie-The-Pooh in 1926 Making Him 82... or do we go with the story's birthdate for Pooh as a present for Christopher Robin on his First Birthday; August 21st 1921... Making him 87 this year, so I'm not sure... Or do disney count it as 1966? Making him a young 42?

When Exactly is Mr Mouse's birthday by the way... Do disney recognise it as his first released production or his first production in total? And I find these as May 15th 1928 or November 18th?? Any One????

Kristof

:offtopic:

That's not really a discussion that goes in the celebration continues topic.   You can open a topic in the World of Disney board regarding these characters' birthdays.  :)

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Baloo"Yes, the TV ads are back! From now until about the second week in June, I think. They were in practically every ad break on E4 last night (I had it on in the background).  The new voiceover is a bit better - I'm not really sure how well "the celebration continues!" went with the audience, would it just sound like they've run out of ideas? Saying "join us for the finale" now makes sense, since the stuff for the 2009 season will begin appearing at the end of this year, and I'm guessing the upcoming autumn/winter brochure will be pushing it as the finale.

I wish he wouldn't say "See the Dream Parade!" though, and again it's a shame to see the bad effects as the kids jump through the castle and WDW's ugly contraption rather than the real OUADP. Maybe one day DLRP will be capable of producing good TV ads on its own and we won't have their footage forced upon us.

The Vocal Performance in these adverts to me still appears to fall too flat in my opinion...
It doesn't have the punch or the Vocal Magic of Artists like James Earl Jones, or Even Brit Advert Kings Hugh Laurie or Stephen Fry. (They Just Seem to Dominate Adverts)

RockNRoller

I keep seeing the adverts all over telly and get annoyed when its not DLRP footage, along the bottom of the screen it always seems to say "footage from WDW" etc. Why advertise Florida when we all want to go to DLRP. Also got to agree on the voice, no real punch to it, had the add on in the background and missed it several times.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Mr_B

Hi All,

I may have missed this detail somewhere else on the forum so I apologise in advance Raptor if I have  :wink:

I've had my second trip to DLRP cancelled for this year  :(  So I'm thinking about 2009 to cheer myself up.

Is there anything new planned for 2009 after the extended celebration ? Are there any rumours doing the rounds ?

Thanks.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

Clarebelle

was there something about Mickey's Birthday? :D
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Malin

I think the Resort is planning quite a bit next year to keep the momentum going after the Anniversary. The Studios is scheduled to get the Playhouse Disney Show and the Star and Motorcars Parade. Other rumours say a new celebration in Mickey's honor will be held to mark his 80th birthday. The Candlebration stage is going to remain and I think some kind of new show is planned. Plus what ever else DLRP decide to throw out at us.

AmericanMouse

Does anyone remember that old Shari Lewis/Lamb Chop song "The Song That Never Ends"?

I guess that this would be "The 15th Anniversary That Never Ends".  :lol:

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"Does anyone remember that old Shari Lewis/Lamb Chop song "The Song That Never Ends"?

I guess that this would be "The 15th Anniversary That Never Ends".  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

AmericanMouse

Thank you, you're a great internet audience. I'm here all week. Don't forget to try the pork chops and tip your wait staff accordingly!

And the celebration will FINALLY end March 7th, 2009.