New book: The Imagineering Field Guide to Magic Kingdom

Started by Kristof, June 04, 2005, 10:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

This sounds awesome!  Hope they'll do something similar for Paris.  :D

Book Description on Amazon.com
The first in a series of pocket-sized paperbacks will answer the question, "What would it be like to walk through the Disney Theme Parks with an Imagineer by your side?" The Imagineering Field Guide to The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World provides that experience: pointing out details and telling stories, back stories, and Imagineering insights never before heard, condensed into a portable, easily-referenced park guide. You'll never spend time at Walt Disney World the same way again.Each spread contains fascinating textual information and related images (drawings, photos, graphics).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

Anthony

Yaaaaay! Another Imagineering book!  :D  :D

It does look pretty awesome like you said as well, but unfortunately Amazon.co.uk don't seem to have it in stock.  I don't really like ordering things from the US because not only does it cost more for shipping in the first place, but our government like to slap some extra tax on when it arrives in the UK...  It's only $9 though, so it might be worth a try.

If anyone gets the book let us know how good it is!  :wink:

EDIT: And also, it sounds promising that it's "the first in a series" - they could make an awesome collection of these if they made one for every Disney park.

Kristof

According to Disney Magazine, a similar book would be made for Disney-MGM studios, Epcot and Animal Kingdom.  If I go to WDW this year, I'll sure get it!

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"According to Disney Magazine, a similar book would be made for Disney-MGM studios, Epcot and Animal Kingdom.
That's good.  It's a shame they're only focusing on WDW for now, but I'd still be particularly interested in... all of them! :lol:

Quote from: "raptor1982"If I go to WDW this year, I'll sure get it!
Oh cool, so you're thinking about going to WDW?  :o