Are there any plans for a new park?

Started by Its Just Like I DreamedIt, December 14, 2007, 12:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

Is there any plans for a new park to be added to DLRP, in a way i hope not because i like how DLRP is smaller, i mean you don't have to travel a long way to get to the next park awwww I  LOVE DLRP!!!
!Magic Everywhere

Kristof

No there are no plans to add an additional park.  How ever, if an additional park ever gets build, then there are 2 possible locations.  One near Newport Bay Club and the other is the current car park.  So everything would be within walking distance.

mehdi5

Re:
Quote from: "raptor1982"No there are no plans to add an additional park.  How ever, if an additional park ever gets build, then there are 2 possible locations.  One near Newport Bay Club and the other is the current car park.  So everything would be within walking distance.
I don't think the current parking lot would be the perfect place for it, i always thought the perfect spot would be behind Seqouia Lodge with a possible monorail and new walkway.

Kristof

A lot of people visiting the resort don't even know that there's a Studios Park, even though they walk by it when going to the parking lot and back.  Having a third park on the parkinglot, in my opinion, would keep everything within a short walking distance.  They could move the car park further away and then have a monorail system go through the third park, so it would get the guests' attention.

Moving to the imagineering board now.  :)

Anthony

Quote from: "mehdi5"I don't think the current parking lot would be the perfect place for it, i always thought the perfect spot would be behind Seqouia Lodge with a possible monorail and new walkway.
Yep, that's the most likely option, or at least the only one we've seen in various grainy 1987 plans.

Next major build will be the Nature Villages by Pierre & Vacances. I can't see a third park coming until after a water park for the hotels, but that's just what the time machine in my brain (probably incorrectly) tells me. :wink:

@Raptor: Yeah, there would be something really neat about having the third park there, all of them centred around the angles of the compass on the hub. The Imagineers could create a great entrance introduction to it with that long path past the village and bus station.

It might depend on just how many parks/visitors that one hub can handle though? It's sometimes busy enough with people rushing to just 1 and a half parks...

(Hey, I love that this forum lets you know a new message has been posted whilst you were typing!)

-breeno-

I posted something like this on a different DLRP forum a very long time ago and the reply i got had a link to a different thread i found very interesting, apparently it has pictures of were the new park will be.  Now i have no idea if the pictures in this thread are true but i thought you would like to have a look at this.

http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboard.p ... &mode=full

There is alot of posts in it so you will have to scroll for quite a while but look though the whole thread, there are some very interesting pictures.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Nicholas-c

i think a 3rd park would fit nicely next to the studios, next to the multi-story disney village car park, there is alot of room there >.>
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Nicholas, that's in fact expansion area for a Disney convention center/hotel, which is still expected to be build the coming years.  (No, this is not a confirmation  :lol: )

Owain

I no its old but i still love the westcot plans, as a european epcot would be great !  :)

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"@Raptor: Yeah, there would be something really neat about having the third park there, all of them centred around the angles of the compass on the hub. The Imagineers could create a great entrance introduction to it with that long path past the village and bus station.

It might depend on just how many parks/visitors that one hub can handle though? It's sometimes
busy enough with people rushing to just 1 and a half parks...

That's what I think as well... it might get awfully busy having a third gate bordering the esplanade...

Imagine: a day with 50.000 people at DLP, 20.000 at WDS and let's just say another 20.000 at a possible third gate... you've got 90.000 people that have to cross through the esplanade...

Not to mention public transport for all these people! Let's say that half of them came by care - you would have to transport 45.000 guests from a new parking lot to the parks...!!!

(Let's just say that there's a reason why the MK at WDW is the only Disney park with such a setup...)

For now, the area that is earmarked for a possible third theme park are the fields between the entrance / exit road to the existing parking lot and the Boulevard Circulaire that runs around the resort and the urban centre of Val d'Europe. (The partner hotels of Val de France would be situated right next to a new parking lot for this 3rd park, to give you an idea...)