'Disney Mountains' Book

Started by dagobert, November 28, 2007, 09:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Sorry to open a new thread about disney imagineering books, but I couldn't find any good infos about this book with the searching-tool.

Does anybody of you know the imagineering book "Disney Mountains"? I have just ordered it on Amazon and I don't know what to expect. Is it an official Disney Imagineering Book? Is it the same quality than "Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real"? Any reviews?

And I have another question concerning an imagineering book: Is there a new "The Imagineering Field Guide to XXXXXXX at Walt Disney World: An Imagineer's-Eye Tour" book on the way?

Anthony

We had a topic when it was released here: viewtopic.php?t=1522

It is an "official" Disney book (published by their Hyperion Books), written by Jason Surrel who also wrote the excellent "From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies" books about Pirates and Haunted Mansion.

I finally bought it a few months ago, and it doesn't disappoint. The amount of detail about each mountain seems to suffer from the fact there's so many to fit in (the Paris mountains aren't covered as much as the Paris attractions were in previous books), but it's definitely the most concise and interesting collection of histories about these attractions. It's honest too - I've read the Big Thunder section in full and it talks about how the attraction got sidelined for Pirates then Space and how the DLR/WDW managers always wanted what the other had. :)

It covers Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Everest, Matterhorn, Blizzard Beach, etc., even some abandoned concepts like the thank-god-they-didn't-build-that Candy Mountain. :lol:

Highly recommended, and check out the Pirates and HM books too!