Jungle Cruise

Started by lilcharlie, September 15, 2007, 09:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilcharlie

Jungle Cruise is deffinatley one of the rides me and my dad miss from Disney World in Florida! Im not really sure why but i absolutely loved it but it was great how everyone could enjoy it. Its pretty likely that this attraction will never come to Disney land Paris but it would be awesome and im guessing they would have abit of trouble squeezing it in. It would probably be a huge and pricey build! Any other jungle cruise fans!?

Parkfisch

There's much space in Adventureland. So that should not be the problem.
BTW: In Hong Kong Disneyland ( which opened in 2005 ) there is a Jungle Cruise and it's a very large version. So the idea is not too bad.
But I think it's not the best attraction that Disney has created.

Dlrpfan

Im a huge JC fan but i think it wont come to paris :( this is because once DLR opened many spin offs of the jungle cruise appeared in europe and this was i believe one of the reasons why it never appeared in DLP :(

still wishful thinking if it does come to DLRP :)
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Rain

Isn't there a Jungle Cruise movie in production? Seems like a great time to bring a modernised version of the ride to DLRP.

dr.jones

I don't want to disappoint anybody, but there's very little chance that there will ever be a Jungle Cruise in Paris.
In the '80s the imagineers of Euro Disneyland replaced this attraction by an Indiana Jones rollercoaster + adventure ride. The Temple of Peril came in 1993, Indiana Jones Adventure wil be there in 20??
Unless they radically change their original plans (which will NOT happen!), there won't be a Jungle Cruise in Europe.

Remco K.

Disney's Jungle Cruise rides are mainly focused around the jokes made by the skipper.

At DLRP we have the everlasting language barrier, making the The Jungle Cruise a not so perfect ride for our European Disney park.

So why have they build a version of The Jungle Cruise in the Asian Disney Parks? Because most of their guests or from Asian countries anyway.

ightenhill

Agree with Remko, the multi language guest scenario of the Jungle cruise and the interaction of the skipper as a stand up comedian basically would make this an hard ride to pull off in DLP.

Though I agree its one of the most beautiful and classic rides and has a certain pure Walt nostalgia about it. Perfect when ridden at night as well durning EMH when you practically have your own boat.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Remco K.

On the other hand, we don't have to copy the Jungle Cruise from other Disney parks. An unique version of an adventurous cruise deep down the jungle of Adventureland, with a story heavily based on mysterious temples and lost treasures.

Maybe the ride could even partly go through the temple of the 'future' Indiana Jones ride. ;)

dr.jones

QuoteMaybe the ride could even partly go through the temple of the 'future' Indiana Jones ride.
That would be great!
... but too expensive. The financial department of Euro Disney would have serious problems with the high costs to build such a marvellous Jungle Cruise. I think we may be very lucky when we get a 'regular' Indiana Jones Adventure someday.

dagobert

I'm really exciting about the jungle cruise ride in WDW. I think it's time for a whole new attraction in DLP, altough it will not be a jungle cruise ride.

dr.jones

Keeping in mind the original expansion plan of Euro Disneyland (and the currently open spaces in the park):
- Indiana Jones rollercoaster - opened in 1993
- Indiana Jones adventure ride - will open in 20??
- Storybook Land - opened in 1994
- Beauty and the Beast animatronic show - cancelled and replaced by a live show in Videopolis between 1992 and 1996
- The Little Mermaid dark ride - cancelled - may appear in the future
- Odyssey Restaurant (between Visionarium/Buzz and Autopia) - cancelled
- Discovery Mountain - replaced by Nautilus and Space Mountain - opened in 1994 and 1995

So the next E-ticket for Disneyland will be Indiana Jones Adventure!
Now the question remains: when?
If ToT does very well and if we're very lucky: in 2012. However, at the moment this date is very utopic. But Euro Disney surprised us before, so it's not completely impossible. Just don't hope too much, because right now it's impossible to know for anybody. It might be more realistic somewhere between 2012 and 2017.

dr.jones

And here is the plan for Indy's future adventures...
//http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2007/11/will-indiana-jones-adventure-be-built.html
Just GREAT!!! I'm happy to give up Jungle Cruise for this ride :wink:

Parkfisch

Quote from: "dr.jones"I'm happy to give up Jungle Cruise for this ride :wink:

:D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/

I would even give up the current roller coaster for that ride !
That's the "Space Mountain" of the original Disneyland, where everybody wants to go in many times ( as I did on a "queueless" evening in February 2001 ).

But if you want to have "Jungle Cruise" Feeling at the Paris Resort: Visit the Rainforest CafĂ© at Disney Village !  :D