New Ticket System

Started by Owain, November 24, 2007, 11:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

From Disneytheque;

QuoteA new ticket system will soon enter into service for visitors to the ticket printed at home. The counters have already received signage.

//http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/35-Lactu-du-Parc-Disneyland.html

The Butlin Boy

:-k Very interesting!

ICHAPMAN

Yes, I noticed this last week during our visit - was fairly sure they were there during the early part of the week ( but can't be sure ).

I notice also that the new UK brochure has a page dedicated to just purchasing park tickets - not sure if that is in some way connected.

Nicholas-c

hmm, im guessing you click print and it has barcodes on tickets or something
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Yep, French and UK market will the first to be able to use this system.  Other countries will follow shortly.

Moving to the "The Resort" board, since this system will also apply to WDS.

Anthony

Very, very cool! DLRP in the 21st Century! Now, they just need to upgrade their ticket sales website to make it not look like a fake one... :P

Would it be a good match to say the new turnstiles being installed at the WDS entrance are being set up for this system?

Does anyone know anything about the tickets? How will you pick up Fastpasses?

ladyghost

When they will be ready?
Ladyghost.

Shadow doesn\'t exist, what you call shadow is the light you can\'t see.

Anthony

This has now appeared on the French website:

I still don't quite understand how they work regarding fastpass and so on.

Patrick

Fastpass is simple to work out, as they have always been able to give out separate fastpass tickets that can only be used on the machines etc.  Usually you only got one if there was a problem with your park pass.

Anthony

You could just get unlimited tickets though?

They've got a new 'Online Ticket Store' too - link - so much better.

GrandiJoos

Hi,

I don't know the details but I don't see why the e-ticket should be very different than a normal ticket. The only difference I see is that an e-ticket has a bar code and an 'official' ticket or annual passport a small magnetic strip.

If the Fast-Pass machines can read both they can cope with E-tickets too I guess.

GrandiJoos

penfold12

call me old fashioned, but half the fun is having a ticket from the resort that I keep as a memento, rather than a printout from my pc

Soap

Quote from: "penfold12"call me old fashioned, but half the fun is having a ticket from the resort that I keep as a memento, rather than a printout from my pc

I more than agree with you! I miss those old fashioned, but wonderful decorated entree tickets!!! It's a good thing to bring Disney into the 21 century (Saves money...), but sometimes that also brings a bit of a cold and less atmospheric decision and result.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

kaysha

How does it work:

For the Disneyland Park you have to enter through the "printed home tickets" counter (see the photo, on the right of the disneyland hotel), whereas for the Walt Disney Studios all the counters can accept it.

-Present yourself with the e-ticket.
The castmember, can sometimes check your identity, it must be the same as written in the e-ticket. Beware of the good quality of printing in order to flash the bar code properly!
-Then he tampons you and gives you a fastpass for the attractions.

:wink:

DisneyBud

Tampons you? :shock:

:P