DLR | Cars Land (2012)

Started by Anthony, October 19, 2007, 04:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

So what would happen to Test Track at Epcot? It'd effectively be blown out of the water by this vastly superior, properly themed version just a few miles away down the road.

I can believe a Cars something at Pixar Place, but not the full Cars Land.

Anthony

User on MiceChat has posted photos of the Radiator Springs Racers track under construction/testing off-site: http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1055637785/

Meanwhile, here's how the construction site currently looks:

Source: MintCrocodile

mattboywonder

It looks like its gonna be great - you can see the construction area whilst riding Mickey's Fun Wheel
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

alka1

construction is well underway at DCA:

A couple screenshots posted by MiceChat poster simba, from the recent DCA video -

Radiator Springs at night

Daytime

Cars Land description and theme.

Radiator Springs Racers

Inside Radiator Springs Racers, before the race you will enter either Luigi's Tires or Ramone's

Inside RSR, caverns

encounter Mater along the way

with almost 6 acres of hand-carved rock (Carsland as a whole will be 12 acres) and peaks that reach 125+ feet, it will surely be an impressive sight. Radiator Springs Racers is considered the crown jewel of the DCA expansion and the most expensive addition.

A few pictures from the D23 expo that show the intricate rockwork and other details

pictures by MintCrocodile. See his full blog entry with bigger pictures and report from his D23 expo trip //http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2009/09/d23-expo-walt-disney-parks-and-resorts.html

More information about the ride and Carsland in general w/ additional pictures //http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-pictures-of-cars-land-and-radiator.html

dagobert

Each time I see concept art or models about Carsland, I'm really jealous. This project is so great and I'm really impressed by the whole theming. So sad that DLRP will not get such an expansion. Instead we get TSPL. I don't understand how John Lasetter could agree to TSPL.

alka1

Cars Land construction is rapidly progressing, the massive mountains are slowly starting to take shape on the western side of the land. The steel is towering pretty high!

alka1

//http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/first-look-cars-land-welcomes-the-first-test-vehicle-for-radiator-springs-racers/

QuoteVroom, Vroom...Vroooooom! If you're in Disney's California Adventure park this week, you just may hear the sound of engines revving. It's very exciting because you're actually hearing the first early ride system tests for Radiator Springs Racers, the new E-ticket attraction coming to the all-new Cars Land, which opens in 2012.

This Radiator Springs Racers test vehicle arrived this morning, and while you're not likely to get a good view of the car on a visit to the Park, we're sharing some fun behind-the-scenes photos we took earlier today.

TowMater

Look familiar?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

dagobert

I think that the car looks a little bit like the front of a Ferrari 360 Modena, just with a mouth!

JelleP

Just one little detail. When that car is a race car, why does it has got headlights? In the movie that's one of McQueen's problems  ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Soap

Quote from: "JelleP"Just one little detail. When that car is a race car, why does it has got headlights? In the movie that's one of McQueen's problems  ;)

Dusty Rust-eze: Thanks to you, Lightning, we had a banner year!
Rusty Rust-eze: I mean, we might even clear enough to buy you some headlights!
Dusty Rust-eze: Are you saying he doesn't have headlights?
Rusty Rust-eze: That's what I'm tellin' ya - it's just stickers!
Lightning McQueen: [bored] Well, you know, race cars don't need headlights, because the track is always lit.
Dusty Rust-eze: Well, so is my brother, but he still needs headlights!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

alka1

A new piece of concept art from the Disney Parks Blog:

Route 66, the main street of Radiator Springs

a ride vehicle for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

Concept art for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (click here for a bigger picture: //http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/897624970_C5NiX-X3.jpg)

Luigi's Flying Tires, with Luigi's Garden as the queue

alka1

New video of RSR vehicle testing, click here to see it: //http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/06/radiator-springs-racers-is-on-track-to-star-at-cars-land/

Quote"Cars" is one of my all-time favorite films from Pixar and that's why I'm so excited to give you a peek at the vehicle testing for Radiator Springs Racers. This thrilling new attraction is set to open in 2012 with the debut of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park. Vehicle testing is an important milestone in the development process and that means we're one big step closer to racing through this new land. Testing is expected to continue through the end of July, then the car comes off the track while construction is completed.

The bright cars you see here will each carry six guests through the twists and turns of Ornament Valley. Radiator Springs Racers covers a lot of ground – nearly half of the 12 acres in Cars Land! Check out our video and imagine what this high-speed adventure will be like.

dagobert

Thanks for posting this video. The car looks great. Test Track was one of my favorite rides at WDW so I can't wait until the attraction opens.
I think we have to postpone our trip to California to 2012.

alka1

Cars Land construction is making lots of progress! Here's the view from the Balcony level of the Hyperion Theatre

The massive steel structure in the distance, this will cover up the views of the power lines and convention center that you see in the background. This particular section is located in front of the RSR showbuilding

Here you can see the progress in the rock work. Looks really great! there's still a lot of work left to do though -- this is just one side of the mountains that will serve as the backdrop for Radiator Springs.  

Track installation continues for Radiator Springs Racers