Euro Disney pins?

Started by Sweet Laker, May 13, 2005, 10:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Laker

Hey all,

today i was at a persons house and she gave me two early "EuroDisney" pins. One of Discoveryland and one of Main Street USA.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some more information about these pins.

Were they a regular or a limited edition and for what reason were they made? She told me the pin of Discoveryland was made especially for the opening of SM:1, but she was not sure. Since i found pictures on the net showing the same pins, with three other pins of the other three area's of "Euro Disney" i dont think it was especially for the opening of SM:1.

So, if anyone knows anything more, please tell me :)

flor

I have the same of Main Street. It was offered during the first years of Euro Disney (don't know the exact time) at Esso gas stations.
Like you said, there are some others of the other lands. So there is an adventureland one with goofy.

Sweet Laker

Thnx for your reaction!

I just found out these pins were offered during the first months of the opening of Euro Disney, like you said. And also: "The set was not limited in the sense that they are rare today."

That is what i have so far  :D/

Sweet Laker

Well, another story i heard is that they were given away in Holland during the opening of the parc in France. And i learned they are not worth anything and used to rip off people who dont know a lot about pintrading.

So, i am glad i have had them as gift and i still do like them as much as i did as in the beginning. But they are not official Disney pins. And i learned something about the early pins, so that will prevent me for being ripped off by a fraud.

Jorien

Those pins are often offered on Ebay too. So those are not official? Thanks for preventing me from buying those things then.  :wink:

Jorien  :D

Jorien

I did some searching on Ebay and Marktplaats, and there they were again for sale.

Here you can see most of them a bit better:

Jorien  :D

Sweet Laker

I like the Fantasyland and the Frontierland pins very much. Have to get them in my collection soon.  :)

fortherone

Well, some cm still accept(ed) them (in april), some others don't, but in fact, they are some of the cheapest... and should be in a complete coillection of DLRP (but who can afford that... incl. the train-pins...).
Beste Grüße von Heimo

some pics, free for private use

fortherone

Hi,

just a short information for those of you who need some pins to trade: On ebay france I've found 10 pins (pinpics number 36911) for 3 euros & postage. I have bought 20 pins, they look good and seem to be originals...  simply go to ebay france and search for "lot de 10 pin's mickey"!

edit: The pins were acceped without problems, but many cm have had them already, anyway, now I got 20 other pins...
Beste Grüße von Heimo

some pics, free for private use