Villages Nature — New leisure/accommodation (Now Open)

Started by Kristof, October 11, 2007, 01:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlpfan1992

I really don't care about this project. Why don't they just concentrate on fixing DLP up.

I also don't like these cold looking corporate videos on DLP youtube page.  :roll:

Anthony

Quote from: "dlpfan1992"I really don't care about this project. Why don't they just concentrate on fixing DLP up.

I also don't like these cold looking corporate videos on DLP youtube page.  :roll:
No, me either. They really need a separate EuroDisneySCA or DisneylandParisCorporate channel.

Although I understand your indifference, Disneyland Paris probably looks to gain quite well from this project, since it's a joint venture with Pierre et Vacances (Centre Parcs), and yet the parks will be the main pull for any guests staying there. So Euro Disney SCA gets a load of much-needed new nearby accommodation for only, say, half the investment.

Two things worry me though: the brand is bland. Ok, so they can't brand it as a Disney destination, but "Villages Nature" is probably the least exciting name for anything ever. They'll have the biggest indoor water park in Europe, a geothermal lagoon... that's exciting! They're making it sound like a camp site in Normandie. They need to remember their previous water park project was called Lava Lagoon, and work from there.

Also, some of the external architecture seems to be more about making a statement than making places you actually want to spend time. Disney always does better when it invests its design in stories and placemaking, not statement-making. See Festival Disney, the Swan and Dolphin; Hotel Cheyenne versus Hotel Santa Fe... I can't see any story or sense of place to this project yet, only statements.

Scissorsboi

I'm still uncertain on this waterpark aspect, it's not a traditional waterpark is it? It's just a hot pool with a touch of Disney theming? The inside part won't have Lava Lagoon style attractions?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Lorum

QuoteMisc.
Recently on the radio, Philippe Gas talked about a hypothetical third theme park... Well, with a bit of logic, we would assume that might be related to Marvel, due to the fact that Disney bought the rights... But, it would mean that Backlot won't be themed on Marvel, so let's wait and see, since there has been no more information on the third park.

Also, and this is confirmed, the "Village Nature" are going to be built. This is not a park, but more a holiday destination. Located nearby the Davy Crockett Ranch, this is going to be like the "Center Parcs", a village in the forest, with several zones: a water zone, a sports zone... Opening 2016

Finally, a water park is also under construction, and it may be one of the biggest in Europe
Village Nature

Well, I don't know if all of these were relevant to your interests, but that's the information I have for the futur constructions.

Source: ThemeParkGuy
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Kristof

The Disney_ParisEN twitter account just posted this great presentation in English about what Villages Natures is all about!

[youtube:1qqs6n2y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZnCLN4r1Io[/youtube:1qqs6n2y]

Source: http://twitter.com/Disney_ParisEN

TheCoasterFun

Wow, the video gives me a clearer picture of what it's going to be like but still I have a question. So is Nature Villages going to be the eighth Disney Hotel or is it going to be something like the parks ?

Aladar

Quote from: "TheCoasterFun"Wow, the video gives me a clearer picture of what it's going to be like but still I have a question. So is Nature Villages going to be the eighth Disney Hotel or is it going to be something like the parks ?
It looks like it's a leisure area that includes homes, hotel rooms, shops and restaurants. Something like a Disney Village but with a different theme that will include the Aqua Lagoon indoor waterpark. it looks like a place to spend a relaxing day walking through beautyful gardens of fauna and flora, sports facilities and educational features.

Scissorsboi

Finally some clarification on the project which appeals to the customer! It looks like it will be a brilliant location, which I can see finally enabling me to pad out a 5 day vacation to DLP, hopefully the quality will remain as high and beautiful as the video makes it out to be!

Is the tram from the esplanade still going ahead?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

irishbhoy1888

Ravenseye

I can take this or leave it, staying there would not interest me, but if it means the Disney hotels will be quieter due to people staying at the Village instead, then that's a bonus.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Samninetysix

It looks like my local Center Parcs only on a grander scale, accommodation looks pretty similar too.

SVioletS

It looks good to me! But i would stay there AND in DLP hotels in the resort... I just enjoy walking to the park and back to the hotel, so i'm not sure if staying in Villages Nature and going back and forth to DLP would be a good idea.
Let's wait and see how this works out, but it looks really amazing and if we manage to go back around 2016, i will definatly look into this carefully! I really liked how it looked!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

orangarnold

I really like the look of it, I love just chill out weekends at Centre Parcs so for me it's spot on as can have a weekend there then Disneyland two days and a few days in Paris

Alexz

It sure looks amazing. I like the fact that it's theme is getting people back to nature and to appreciate it.
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

aquacat2

It looks good but I'm not sure from the video that it will offer as many activities as a normal centre Parcs leaving it somewhere in the middle of not being a holiday in itself outright and not being a Disney hotel. That said it does look nice and relaxing and I wouldn't mind a stay!
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015