( No ) Safety Bars for Splash Mountain - ( Orlando ), Tokyo

Started by Parkfisch, October 08, 2007, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkfisch

In 1998 I did the Splash Mountain Ride in Tokyo Disneyland and there were boats with safety bars. In 2000 I missed them in the boats of Orlando's Splash Mountain.
Why is that different ? :?  :?:

Flounder

Don't know - I just know that neither the boats in Anaheim nor the ones in Orlando have safety bars and I find it quite interesting that the boats in Tokyo have them. Maybe it's because asian people are generally smaller  :P

Kristof

Most likely different safety regulations in Asia.  These differ from country to country.  Our ToT had to be build completely in concrete compared to the iron frame version in the other parks due to the safe regulations in France.

Parkfisch

In California they don't even have boats which would allow safety bars there. It's just a slim boat where you sit behind. But in Florida and Tokyo the boats are exactly the same ( nearly :wink:  ).

Quote from: "raptor1982"Our ToT had to be build completely in concrete compared to the iron frame version in the other parks

I don't understand what you mean.  :P

Owain

Quote from: "Parkfisch"In California they don't even have boats which would allow safety bars there. It's just a slim boat where you sit behind. But in Florida and Tokyo the boats are exactly the same ( nearly :wink:  ).

Quote from: "raptor1982"Our ToT had to be build completely in concrete compared to the iron frame version in the other parks

I don't understand what you mean.  :P

As in for there tower they put up iron frames;

From mouse planet;

And with ours it was made straight from concrete