Narnia

Started by Disneyana, May 09, 2005, 01:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyana

Hi everybody!
Saturday evening I saw the trailer for the new Disney picture "The Chronicles of Narnia". And I was astonished about what I saw. In some way it reminds me a bit of "Lord of the Rings". I think this movie is going to be a Hit. It looked fantastic and it has a nice story. I can understand why they already started to show the trailer, although the movie will be shown in Cinemas all over the world in December 2005. If you want to have a look, just check out the website: http://www.narnia.com
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Sweet Laker

Wow, what an absolutely magnificent site they created for this movie. Superb!!

I noticed their are seven books in this Series, so i wonder if they are going to make seven movies as well. Since Lord of the Rings is gone, this would mean another 7 years of beautifull movies in cinema :D

I like the trailer and am looking forward untill the next teaser is coming out.

Thnx for bringing this movie under my/our attention!  :thumb:

Jorien

Yes, the website looks really good. I already knew about this movie and was keeping an eye on it myself, as i liked the lotr movies a lot. They are also filming this movie in New Zealand. And if it looks a bit like lotr, that would be great. I hope it will be a huge success.

Jorien  :D

Kristof

mmm, I can't find the trailer on the site.  Where is it?  The only video's I see are the making off's, but those were already up for a few months on http://www.apple.com/trailers

Jorien

You're not the only one, couldn't find it either!

Disneyana

Sorry for you, but I have seen the trailer only on TV here in Germany, not on the website. On the german website there's written that the trailer is coming soon. So I think it will be so with this website too. I have seen the trailer only once now. It was shown on the TV channel Pro 7 at 8 pm. The trailer was almost 5 minutes long and what I saw was fantastic.  :wink:  =D>
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Jorien

Aha!!!  Thanks for that, i was just planning to do another search for it. :wink:

Kristof

I'll Google for it.  (don't you just love that verb??)

Anthony

Here it is: http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise ... rnia_movie

It's not five minutes long, but it's still impressive, and this is the only proper trailer available on the internet, as far as I know...  :wink:

Kristof

Too bad I'm at work right now, so I can't have a look...  Have to wait for tonight!  :(

Jorien

Hey thanks for that!!!!! So Baloo, you did a bit of googling too? (great word indeed Raptor! :wink:)

That looks very good. But it's not only LOTR i'm thinking about. It seems a mix with that and Harry Potter, don't you think?

Anthony

Quote from: "Jorien"Hey thanks for that!!!!! So Baloo, you did a bit of googling too? (great word indeed Raptor! :wink:)

In fact I didn't google at all, I just remembered seeing the link on http://www.animated-news.com :)

Quote from: "Jorien"That looks very good. But it's not only LOTR i'm thinking about. It seems a mix with that and Harry Potter, don't you think?

Yeah, it's got those sterotypical British elements in there, which I actually quite like.  I've never bothered to watch any of the LOTR films, so I actually hope it's a bit easier to get into like Harry Potter.  I also really hope that the actual film will do enough to differentiate itself with both those series of films, which I think it probably will do in the end - they probably just make it look more like LOTR than it will be to capture that audience that doesn't really have another film to look forward to at the moment.

Patrick

Well I will watch the trailer later since now supposed to be doing history essays :lol: .  I can't wait to see this movie it just looks so fantasy movie and wow I really like the look of it, oh yes I have watched some things on this Disney movies preview dvd i got with national treasure that show part of it.  Although I am not a fan of LOTR yes if you ask me it was boring and I can't believe I sat through watching the trilogy, but this movie seems to have a nice and cool storyline behind it and for once I wouldn't mind if it turned out a bit Harry Potterish since that is good in small doses but not as much as Harry Potter shows in their continuously annoying oh look baddy comes to kill Potter fails Potter saves the day blah blah blah yes I know i am in a synical mood tonight and before you start Raptor or Flor yes i know I am off topic :lol: .

Kristof

No it's not offtopic, you're comparing Narnia with Harry Potter, that's on topic to me...  8)

Anyway, I tried to open that trailer...  :evil:   Stupid AOL streaming thingy....  :evil: