Music Imagineering

Started by Javey74, September 19, 2007, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

I don't know about you, but sometimes going into work in the morning in the car, I can be feeling down for one reason or another. All I have to do is put my MP3 Disney Mix on and it changes my mood. Tracks like "All Around The World", "Dancin' A Catchy Rhythm", "Halloween-Lo-Ween", "Just Like We Dreamed It" and especially the punchy "Fantillusion" track.

I find most of Disney's music is uplifting. That's not to say that they cannot compose sad, emotional and haunting pieces, because they can.

I think it may have something to do with the world today and the people that live on it. The stresses in the modern world, which everyone tries to get away from. Listening to uplifting music aswell as relaxing music works well with the people of today. It's obvious that no-one likes feeling sad or down and why should they. Music helps with this.

Most of Disney's music is played in major keys, which to any musician will know rests easy on the mind and minor keys are kept mainly for villain tracks or sad, emotional pieces. I think it is this that sub-conciously alters our moods without realising it too much.

There is a general rule in music that all musicians start with the same building blocks, but what they create from the same building blocks can be very different. Putting it another way, take bricklayers for instance, they use bricks and cement, but what they build with these same materials can be very different, so like wise with the music. You can adjust the properties of a piece of music to get a different feel or mood and get a person to react how you want them to react, all through the power of music.

The magic of the Music Imagineering Wizard, Vasile Sirli!

You have to agree, Disney does it to an art....Don't you think!  :wink:

Soap

It's totally true that most Disney music is so uplifting, the warm feeling you get inside is fantastic!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Javey74

:bump: for the Newbies..  :wink:  :D

luke85

Totally agree, it's the most uplifting music around!

burntsienna

I don't know what I'd do without my Disney music! Specially my Mainstreet and Frontierland tracks  :mrgreen:  They make me feel like I'm back there...and I really wish I was
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"