National Treasure (2005)

Started by Patrick, May 03, 2005, 01:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Well as the topic title says what did you think of National Treasure since it has just come out on Disney DVD here I felt like you may want to give your opinion.  I have to say myself I really liked it and yet again the creatures of Pirates of the Caribbean the Curse of the Black Pearl did a great job again. :D

Kristof

Yes, I liked it too.  Especially the different locations were quite interesting.  And I learned a lot about the American history!  Release in Belgium is for next week!

Jorien

I still want to see it, the trailer looked interesting. For some reason i haven't seen it at the cinema, so i'm still planning to watch it on dvd. So at the moment i can't say what i think of it yet. I'll let you know when i've seen it.  :wink:

Jorien  :D

Sweet Laker

I really liked this movie. There is some history put into this movie, along with a lot of nice special effects.

Allthough you can clearly see, this is a real Hollywood, big mouth, big guns, big explosions, no sense movie. It is still a movie i liked to watch. But i think i wont buy it on dvd, i think there are better movies on the market at the moment to spend my money on.

Maybe in the (near) future i will buy it eventually but certainly not when its released.

Jorien

I guess i'd better rent it first then.  :wink:

That movie in your signature seems like a nice movie too, has anyone seen that one yet? I've only seen the trailer of it. And that looked rather funny.

Sweet Laker

I tried to watch it twice, last Saturday and this evening, but on both occasions the people i wanted to go with; either thought it was a child only movie or had something to take care of.

So i wish i was able to help you out here. I still want to see it in cinema though, just waiting for the right moment ;)

The trailer does look quite funny indeed, and Vin Diesel is one of my favorite actors. Since Clint Eastwood is aging badly. i was looking for another actor to admire, and there he was :greensquare:

Jorien

LOL!!!  :lol:

Child only movie? I didn't get that idea at all watching the trailer. Just a fun movie. Well i guess i have to find out for myself. (although i like child movies too)  :?  :wink:
But that counts for me too, first have to find the right moment to go and see it.  :wink:

Sweet Laker

LOL indeed, well, i think he did not feel man enough anymore when he saw the kids on the poster. Ow well, as long as i dont mind watching "child movies" there is not a problem, perhaps the only problem is finding someone, to take with me  8)

(by the way, i have never seen a child movie, starting at 10 PM, but okay :D)

(uhm, could we consider this conversation as being offtopic??  :-k )

Jorien

LOL! You said what i thought. And i was actually planning to use this icon:  :offtopic: in my previous mail. Because i know Raptor will start about this soon!  :wink:  :P

flor

We've seen the Pacifier.
It's very funny to see such a muscled guy as Vin Diesel do some babysitting and changing nappy's. There is also a little childish song which he has to perform. You just have to see how he is doing that.
It's defenitaly not a child movie! ;)

Kristof

:offtopic:

:wink:  I'll open a new topic about the Pacifier.

Anthony

Back to National Treasure, and I haven't seen it yet either.  It wasn't really that big when it was released in cinemas in the UK (on Dec. 26th I think it was), so I just overlooked it since the reviews were mixed.

I think I might rent it now though, or wait until it's cheaper and buy it then.  I'm managing to do that a lot now, and it's helped me to save money rather than spend it all.  Don't ask me what I'm saving for - I think I must be subconsciously saving for a DLRP trip...  :lol:

Jorien

Okay, i'm back on topic again!!!! I don't think anyone is really interested in what i have to say, but okay......  :wink:

This afternoon i saw National Treasure. And i think it's a really good movie. I enjoyed watching it. There is action, it's got humour, storyline is good. I liked it a lot!!! And i'm glad i finally saw it.  :wink:

Kristof

Yay!!  It's finally out here!!  For only 16.90 euro  :o Too bad I have to work late tonight.  :(