What does the witch say ?

Started by Parkfisch, September 11, 2007, 01:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkfisch

What does the witch say when she turns around ?

For German speaking people:
Doesn't it sound like "Ätschi Bätschi Fee" ? I wonder about this since 1996.
 :D  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkQUL_5VaPw

Nala_84

*lol* Yes, that really sounds a bit like Ätschi Bätschi Fee  :lol: I really don't know what she's really saying actually...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

SkySurfer

Hihi....  :D
I never recognized this!
Sounds really funny...
Maybe a French-Expert can help?

Parkfisch

Quote from: "SkySurfer"Maybe a French-Expert can help?

We have to contact one of them at their own french sites. As we know ( look at my "I'm from...." Thread at the Poll Section ) there's nobody here from France.  :P

In July 1996 I did the ride over and over again between 9 and 10.30 p.m. in a warm summer evening with a friend. She suddenly said after that scene "I got 'Ätschi Bätschi Fee' to my ears". So we had to do it again and then we had to laugh about that and couldn't stop riding it. We decided to be silent so that we could carefully listen to the witch's words, but we couldn't avoy to laugh. We always started laughing at the moment, when the door opened and we could see the mirror.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Flounder

Isn't there anybody around who's got a recording from which you're able to exactly understand her words?

I don't really know what she's saying ... but I will listen to it carefully the next time I'll be there ;) And maybe I'll find a recording in my archive - let's see.

Those german words do really sound funny to me - but I can't really believe that those are the real words  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

RocketBabyDoll

Well, Snow White is German, right? So the witch could be saying Ätschi Bätschi to Snow White for killing her or whatever.  :lol:
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

smurfy74

what does that mean in German??

Parkfisch

Quote from: "smurfy74"what does that mean in German??

I've been waiting so long for that question. So now: Who wants to try a translation ( nearly impossible  :P  )...  :lol:

I guess many non German speaking people here are now thinking of something pervert / sexual stuff...  8)

RocketBabyDoll

Hmm, I guess Ätschibätsch is somewhat equivalent to sticking one's tongue out to someone. And Fee means fairy. So no real connection between those two.  :lol:
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

Parkfisch

And there's a second funny scene: When the witch comes from the left side in her boat she seems to say "I suach an Partner / Ich such' einen Partner", meaning "I'm searching a partner".
But she doesn't always say the same at this position.  :lol:

SkySurfer

OK - now I know which ride will me my prefered ride the next time
 :P
"I suach an Partner" is german bavarian slang.
Didn´t you know that the witch was born in munich and worked many many years at the "Oktoberfest" before she decided to go bad  :twisted:

Really funny!

Your Ätschi Bätschi Skysurfer

Cubitus

But be careful Skysurfer, you know of the phenomenon "you will hear what you expect to hear"? It's just like those "hidden message" rumours in several songs. Once you were told in which moment you are supposed to hear that "message", you WILL hear it and won't manage to hear the "normal" saying ever again *lol*

Like that funny "Hol ihn, hol ihn unters Dach" line in Pink Floyd's "Another brick in the wall" :))

Oliver
Oliver

Hommi16

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

really love this discussion.....
Will be there in december, so if nobody can find an audio data till then, I'll definitely record it in any possible form...
Also have to check out film footage from dec/jan 06/07.
I think I recorded it....
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

SkySurfer

Quote from: "Cubitus"But be careful Skysurfer, you know of the phenomenon "you will hear what you expect to hear"? It's just like those "hidden message" rumours in several songs. Once you were told in which moment you are supposed to hear that "message", you WILL hear it and won't manage to hear the "normal" saying ever again *lol*

Like that funny "Hol ihn, hol ihn unters Dach" line in Pink Floyd's "Another brick in the wall" :))

Oliver

Really true Oliver :-)
That´s the reason, why I never recognized the "Ätschi Bätschi Fee" during the ride!  :wink:  

But its funny tough.
I am sure, next time I ride it, I will hear "Ätischi Bätschi....." :-s  :-s
But hey - I just saw, you are from Munich... so if everyone can say, if it is really "I suach an Partner" - you are the man maybe? *lol*
 :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P
Just a joke :-)

Cubitus

Quote from: "SkySurfer"if it is really "I suach an Partner" - you are the man maybe? *lol*
*LOL* who knows, who knows, I'll go and see the witch and we'll see what happens next *LOL*

I'm not originally bavarian at all, but I'd say it should be "I suach oan Poartner" then.. Whatever! :)))

Servus,
Oliver
Oliver