HSM: Vanessa Hudgens slips up!

Started by Anonymous, September 08, 2007, 02:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It's a bit different to both of those cases really. The whole Lindsay Lohan trainwreck came after her Disney career. The backstage video is just some people in costume goofing around. I've not read anything new on it since Friday, but it does alter the image of the star in the minds of alot of parents. Personally, I don't really care, I think there's nothing more beautiful and nothing wrong with a woman's body, but, I doubt that's how the company execs will see it - and I can understand that position with a franchise like this.

Owain

I just seen the other half of the picture that The Sun didnt show us !  :P

Masamune

:? Personally, I hope this results in the death of High School Musical. Even non-Disney channels are showing the ads for the sequel, and it's totally doing my head in.

She's an insanely pretty girl though, so no doubt she'll move on to bigger and better things. :o She has a lot more going for her than Lindsay Lohan, so I'm sure she'll survive.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Masamune":? Personally, I hope this results in the death of High School Musical.

Do you really think it would though? Disney seems to thrive on franchises these days.

Pirates
Pooh
Princesses
Fairies
High School Musical
Clubhouse Mickey
Little Einsteins
National Treasure

Personally, I think all the franchises should be reined in a bit aside from perhaps Mickey & Co, Princesses and Pooh which have all stood the test of time and proven to be perennial favourites.

Masamune

:lol: No I don't actually, hence why I can only hope for it.

tubbsy

Quote from: "Masamune":? Personally, I hope this results in the death of High School Musical. Even non-Disney channels are showing the ads for the sequel, and it's totally doing my head in.

Completely agree with you there Masamune. Unfortunately we will have it on in the house on Friday! :roll:

I've asked Steph/ Elizabeth Swans opinion on all this, she says the general opinion amongst the kids who are all looking forward to HM2 on Friday is that Daniel Radcliffe went on the West End naked at the age of 17, whats the big deal? She could have done it more tastefully, but she made a small mistake and their not holding it against her.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anonymous

Quote from: "tubbsy"I've asked Steph/ Elizabeth Swans opinion on all this, she says the general opinion amongst the kids who are all looking forward to HM2 on Friday is that Daniel Radcliffe went on the West End naked at the age of 17, whats the big deal? She could have done it more tastefully, but she made a small mistake and their not holding it against her.

Again, I think it's a bit of a different situation. Daniel Radcliffe was in a West End play, which would have probably not been seen by his young Harry Potter fans. People were probably aware of it.

And no disrespect to your Steph, but it's not the opinions of the kids who are probably the concern. I'm sure there are lots of adolescent boys who are drooling over the prospect of these pictures of Vanessa. But the concern of Disney has probably been what families and parents think of this. I don't think it's a huge deal, but it is a bit of an embarassment for Disney, when they just have the second film debuting and they're trying to push this sweet, wholesome image of Vanessa about, and suddenly this photo appears on the net. It reminds me a bit of the time when Natalie Portman was snapped topless on the beach, just after one of the Star Wars films had been released.

But, I suppose all publicity is good publicity, and I bet it hasn't hurt sales of High School Musical, so in effect, it will probably have the reverse effect.  :lol:

Maybe Disney should urge the Princesses to do a bit of cross promotion.

:shock:  :?  :lol:

Masamune

Quote from: "tubbsy"
Quote from: "Masamune":? Personally, I hope this results in the death of High School Musical. Even non-Disney channels are showing the ads for the sequel, and it's totally doing my head in.
Completely agree with you there Masamune. Unfortunately we will have it on in the house on Friday! :roll:
:lol: You poor thing. :o I suggest you go for a very long walk when it's on.

tubbsy

Quote from: "Masamune"
Quote from: "tubbsy"
:lol: You poor thing. :o I suggest you go for a very long walk when it's on.

Robs birthday on Fiday too. I am hoping he needs lots of help putting his Lego together! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

TowMater

Disney forgived them for what I heard from my sister.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Rain

From what I understood the photos weren't taken by Zac Ephron. Some of the HSM fansites are claiming that Zac has split with Vanessa because of the embarrassment the photos have caused him.  The latest rumour is that the photos were taken by Vanessa herself, and sent to Drake Bell. She was under 18 when the photos were taken, which in itself I would think was a real concern for Disney. I believe the Californian age of consent is 18. so these are essentially naked photos of a minor.
Apparently, another boyfriend has come forward to say that Vanessa sent him a naked photo of herself when they broke up. If that story is true, she was 15 at the time. It's all quite sad really, I think.  
I feel sorry for parents trying to explain this to their HSM crazy kids.

Rain

From what I understood the photos weren't taken by Zac Ephron. Some of the HSM fansites are claiming that Zac has split with Vanessa because of the embarrassment the photos have caused him.  The latest rumour is that the photos were taken by Vanessa herself, and sent to Drake Bell. She was under 18 when the photos were taken, which I would think was the real concern for Disney. I believe the Californian age of consent is 18. so these are essentially naked photos of a minor.
Apparently, another boyfriend has come forward to say that Vanessa sent him a naked photo of herself when they broke up. If that story is true, she was 15 at the time. It's all quite sad really, I think.  
I feel sorry for parents trying to explain this to their HSM crazy kids.

treble

Quote from: "Rain"I feel sorry for parents trying to explain this to their HSM crazy kids.
that's the thing the typical hsm fan wouldn't read the sun and, being so young, wouldn't have access to the type of site this picture appeared on so in 'hsm world' it hasn't happened. the only people who seem to care are those who dislike the whole thing
just like alice you\'re in wonderland