Two Americans in Paris- and DLP!

Started by mstaft, September 06, 2007, 02:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mstaft

Hi Everyone,

(Sorry for the delay as I was on a couple of month break from the internet!)

My wife and I were able to visit both DLP, WDSP and the amazing city of Paris in mid-June. Thanks to everyone's help, our visit was wonderful!

We stayed at the Hotel Elysee- which was absolutely terrific. We enjoyed the shopping district, buying fresh currants at the market (which we cannot get here in the US) and a balloon ride over the resort.

Our first day was at DLP including lunch at Walt's.

The park looked stunning. And this visit, the castle was not boxed up, so we were able to tour this artistic masterpiece and go below to see the dragon. All around impressive.

Space Mountain 2 was fun, but I must admit I LOVED the old Jules Verne version more. Phantom Manor, one of my favorites was closed, but we were able to experience many of the major attractions multiple times since the crowds were minimal. And we were able to go on a few attractions we did not see in 1998- Casey Jr., Storybookland, Aladdin tableau, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear (I do miss Visionarium) and the train. Pirates remains one of our favorites and is easily better than the much loved California version.
In fact, this is the most detailed and beautiful Magic Kingdom I have ever seen.  Thanks to everyone's DLP "secrets", we had much fun discovering the park from that angle.  Our lunch at Walt's was worth every penny- including the dessert, the caramel creme brulee ice cream. Delectable!

Day Two was at the Studios.  I know there are great strides being made to improve this park, but I must say DCA in California is an imagineering masterpiece in comparison.  Toon Studios additions were much smaller than I thought they would be. "Crush's Coaster" is a VERY fun coaster.
We did enjoy Armageddon, Rock N Rollercoaster, and the backstage tram tour, but the rest of the park was not impressive. (We could not time things right to get to see Cinemagic and had seen the Cars stunt show in Florida last year.)  We returned to DLP after about 3 hours, of which 1 and 1/2 was spent waiting for Crush. I know this park will improve with the coming additions.

The City of Paris continues to be my very favorite large city! Just beautiful. We did all the expected tourist sights and spent many hours exploring far off places where it seems only the locals live and visit.
In the USA, there is sometimes the perception we are not welcome there. We, once again, found the exact opposite to be true. Thank you, Parisians, for welcoming us to your beautiful and magical city!

Thank you, once more, to everyone on these boards for all your help- from the bottom of our hearts!

Mark

markpsych

Hey Mark, glad you had a good time.

Shame you missed cinemagique  :( , it's one of my favorite attractions. A must see if you visit again.

All the best,

Mark