Merchandise in different characters

Started by sydney71, September 07, 2007, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sydney71

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else thought that most of the merchandise centres around Pooh and Friends and Mickey and Gang.  Although I love those would love to see more stuff in say Jungle Book, Basil, Sword in the Stone etc  Be nice to see them dressed in different stuff.

Em

Anonymous

Well, merchandise is always going to centre around the most popular things, so Mickey and Co, Pooh and friends and Disney Princesses are always going to be very popular. There's always a lot of Tinkerbell and Pirates merchandise around too, and usually plenty of Pixar and Stitch stuff.

The Disney Store in the UK often release new merchandise based around whatever the latest Platinum DVD release is, alot of Jungle Book stuff is coming out at the moment.

treble

there are times when winnie the pooh and mickey are the only things the uk stores have. i would like to see the seasonal and specials, e.g. the olympics, extend to more than just winnie, mickey and minnie
tinkerbell is rightly popular. my daughters bedroom is mainly themed around her because she loves the fairies so much.
i would also like to see a classics range, not just beanies but figurerines, ect.. i think they would be popular with the more mature fans :stitch:
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

Anonymous

There's usually plenty of Princess and Pirates stuff in too.

I don't think the Disney Stores do too badly really. Just in the last 18 months, when The Little Mermaid came out, lots of Little Mermaid tie-ins. Lots of Peter Pan stuff when that came out, and now plenty of Jungle Book stuff starting to turn up.

I'd expect them to go 101 Dalmatians mad early next year, but I look forward to lots of Sleeping Beauty stuff next autumn. Maybe we'll finally get that plush Briar Rose doll I've been hoping for! :)

sydney71

I hope so.  I love Winnie and Mickey but it would be nice to see some of the other wonderful characters dressed up in outfits and in their own right too.  Figurines etc would be great as well.

Em