Star Tours enhancement/upgrade (EEP)

Started by Anthony, April 23, 2005, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

I know that there are a lot of rumors going around saying that when ST2 comes, it'll have cool new technology in use (e.g. 3D glasses, screens on the sides of the ship, etc), but I just hope that they don't forget to focus on one of the best bits of the original, it's fantastic storyline. After all, it's the fantastic storyline that makes ST a re-rideable ride and a classic. Lets hope we don't get another SM:M2 epidemic :roll:

anthonysprincess

eeek.

Personally, something prequel-related does not sound like good news to me. Plus, I don't see a need for an update to this ride. It's great! Just my opinion I guess.

Plus omg why was Captain Eo mentioned? hahaha could you imagine? Wow. That would be so trippy if for some reason they decided to bring him back.

But more seriously, I'm trying to imagine using 3D glasses in a motion simulator. Anyone been on a ride that does this? I don't think it would still feel like I was looking out the window if I had 3D glasses on. Anyone's thoughts?

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"After all, it's the fantastic storyline that makes ST a re-rideable ride and a classic.:

AGREED :D

Alpop

I sort of like the idea of 3D glasses on a simulator. I'm sure it would work well as long as they stay on your nose.
Is that sort of how the Spiderman ride works in IOA, Florida??

anthonysprincess

Quote from: "Alpop"I sort of like the idea of 3D glasses on a simulator. I'm sure it would work well as long as they stay on your nose.
Is that sort of how the Spiderman ride works in IOA, Florida??

Yeah but it isn't a flight simulator it is a motion simulator but there is no screen- the things that pop out at you are supposed to be right there in front of you, that's why I was saying. See the car you're in is a vehicle that isn't supposed to have a windshield. Also the car really does move around the building, so it mixes simulation with real motion and you travel "NYC" for real as well as using optical and motion illusions. It's basically a completely different brand new system...

The way Star Tours is now that wouldn't work out... And if they put it in the same building it has to fit there so they couldn't do exactly or nearly what Spiderman does.

I'm very curious to see what they come up with! And possibly see if they use that idea.

Pete's Dragon

With so many bays for Star Tours, it would be nice that if they did make a new film, that you could have a choice between the 2. Half for the purists and the other half for the new version. Admittedly they would need to update the graphics for the original one in this case.

What I would like to see it better seatbelts. It took both me and my wife to hold our son in place in the seat between us. Poor little thing was being tossed everywhere ( and he was above the height requirements )

smurfy74

that would be a great idea, you could use the under used fast track lane as the alterntive entrance

peep

Just came across this interesting article on StarWars.com about how WDI worked with Lucas to create Star Tours.

LINK

I know it's more to do with Disneyland's original but it's still the same attraction and the pic of Baxter is in Paris :P
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Very interesting read, thanks!

*TIMMIE*

According to Disneytheque we will get an Star Tours upgrade around 2013. There would already be an upgrade of the simolators. Although... I am not sure.

mehdi5

Quote from: "*TIMMIE*"According to Disneytheque we will get an Star Tours upgrade around 2013. There would already be an upgrade of the simolators. Although... I am not sure.
I doubt they would upgrade the ride system before Star Tours II would be installed. Plus the Star Tours II used entirely different techniques i would think because of the 3D, or would have a lesser effect.

Interesting article though, always interesting to hear about the creation of the rides.

Annet

Quote from: "*TIMMIE*"According to Disneytheque we will get an Star Tours upgrade around 2013. There would already be an upgrade of the simolators. Although... I am not sure.
Disneytheque also talks about The Little Mermaid and Ratatouille, although that last one is ofcourse already 'old news'.

electricdreams

looking forward to this !!
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

dagobert

Screamscape.com has posted a great video about the original Star Tours simulation movie. I posted this video in the international Disney Parks thread, too. Take a look:

You have to scroll down!

http://www.screamscape.com/html/disneyland.htm

Reiana

He is a youtube link to the new Starspeeder destinations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=354ld81p8B8

Seems like there will be 3 different journeys.

Columbiad

Quote from: "Reiana"He is a youtube link to the new Starspeeder destinations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=354ld81p8B8

Seems like there will be 3 different journeys.

I read on the Disney Parks blog that that will be the video also shown in the queing area, but the article specifically stated that they couldn't confirm that you'd be going to any of the destinations shown.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... n-take-us/