Star Tours enhancement/upgrade (EEP)

Started by Anthony, April 23, 2005, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Finally!  The moment we've been waiting years for!  An overhaul of Star Tours has been confirmed by George Lucas!  Take a look at this article:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9301

"Also, George Lucas said that the "Star Tours" thrill ride at Disney-MGM Studios will be getting an overhaul soon."

Yes, so it's focusing on Star Tours at Disney-MGM Studios Florida, but this still undoubtedly means that the other Star Tours attractions would follow with similar overhauls afterwards, doesn't it?

:D  :D

Patrick

This is so much good news, wonder if it will be a sucess well no doubt it will be if they do it well, please please bring it to Paris since it would be such a good idea especially if they brought it sometime like 2007 which would work well with it being the 15th anniversary.  Oh well I can dream can't I :wink: .

Jorien

That sounds good! Although i still like the version that's at dlrp at the moment too. (i think i'm the only one)  :wink:

Jorien  :D

Sweet Laker

Well,   you're certainly not the only one who still loves the current video at Star Tours.

I think it is still strong and giving me the idea being inside a starship and speeding through outer space. But i am wondering what this new ride video will bring us.

Several years have pasted by since the last movie, so i think there will be a big improvement in videoquality and therefore in the ride experience. In this case i am looking foreward to see the first movies of the one in at Disney-MGM Studios.

I just hope they will also do something about the Arcade hall near the exit, that is ruining the whole atmosphere of the ride if you ask me. There are enough Arcade games to play with located on other places in the parc. I would like to see a more "Star Wars" worthy type of games (just like they have had there for most of the years)

Jorien

Quote from: "Sweet Laker"Well,   you're certainly not the only one who still loves the current video at Star Tours.

I think it is still strong and giving me the idea being inside a starship and speeding through outer space. But i am wondering what this new ride video will bring us.

Glad to hear you like it too!  :wink:

Quote from: "Sweet Laker"Several years have pasted by since the last movie, so i think there will be a big improvement in videoquality and therefore in the ride experience. In this case i am looking foreward to see the first movies of the one in at Disney-MGM Studios.  

That could be true, i'm already looking forward to it now.

Quote from: "Sweet Laker"I just hope they will also do something about the Arcade hall near the exit, that is ruining the whole atmosphere of the ride if you ask me. There are enough Arcade games to play with located on other places in the parc. I would like to see a more "Star Wars" worthy type of games (just like they have had there for most of the years)

They may change the arcade near the exit, but one thing i hope they won't change....the waiting area. I really like it as it is, it's so Starwars. (can't really explain it, it's just a feeling)  :wink:  I hope that C3PO and R2D2 stay where they are. And that they won't update the area with bringing someone like Jarjar in it. (i hate that figure)

Disneyana

So I need to say that I like Star Tours very much like it is now. But I would also be interested in seeing a new movie for the ride, because I'm a very big fan of the new Episodes. Just yesterday evening I have seen Episode 2 on TV.  :lol:  I don't think, and hope so, that they would change a lot of the waiting area, because it's themed as an futuristic airport and with the new movie you would only have a new destination to fly to. The only thing I would really like to get changed again is the Arcade at the exit.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anthony

I still love the current film aswell, and the attraction as a whole is still one of my favourites.  The only thing they REALLY need to change if they relaunch the attraction is the exterior.  It really has to be the worst exterior in the whole resort.  Every single thing in WDS beats it by miles.  I've never liked the X Wing there, held in place by an obvious metal support, and the building itself looks so ugly.  Why don't they theme it like the actual astroport, with a starspeeder or two stored in the area and a an outside set up like the departures section of an airport?  Then the post-show could be themed to the arrivals with a luggage belt and stuff...  :D

Sweet Laker

Quote from: "Jorien"They may change the arcade near the exit, but one thing i hope they won't change....the waiting area. I really like it as it is, it's so Starwars. (can't really explain it, it's just a feeling)  :wink:  I hope that C3PO and R2D2 stay where they are. And that they won't update the area with bringing someone like Jarjar in it. (i hate that figure)

Your right about that. The waiting area is good as it is. The only thing they could change is the fastpass queu-area. I think that part of the waiting area could use a little refurbishment :)

I also like Baloo's idea. I like the entrance of the attraction as it is right now and i like the X Wing in front of it. But the new idea you are bringing out could just might work. I like the sounds of it!

Lets just wait and see what the future brings us :)

Jorien

Quote from: "Sweet Laker"I also like Baloo's idea. I like the entrance of the attraction as it is right now and i like the X Wing in front of it. But the new idea you are bringing out could just might work. I like the sounds of it!

Lets just wait and see what the future brings us :)

I like the X Wing in front of the building too. I hope they won't change it.

Anthony

I think the X Wing itself looks excellent, I just wish there was more to the entrance.  They could have easily made it fit in with the rest of Discoveryland but they just didn't seem to bother...  Some of the concepts for Star Tours in "From Sketch to Reality" look so much better than the final one.  I suppose it was just about the only place they didn't overspend on when they opened the resort...

Oh, and it would also be nice if they perhaps added a few lights along the floor in the first section of the queue.  It's always pitch black there and I always seem to fall up that ramp in my excitement to get inside.  :lol:

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo"Oh, and it would also be nice if they perhaps added a few lights along the floor in the first section of the queue.  It's always pitch black there and I always seem to fall up that ramp in my excitement to get inside.  :lol:

LOL!!!  :lol:

Kristof

There's a great article on Mouse Planet about an idea for Star Tours 2 at Disneyland California.  

http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/dk050510.htm

ladyghost

I wish they can do it in Disney Paris too!
Ladyghost.

Shadow doesn\'t exist, what you call shadow is the light you can\'t see.

Anonymous

I like the idea of an update, but would like the original to be retained somehow too. I'm not sure about the pod race being the main element, it would be nice to see the pod race incorporated, but what about other elements from the prequels, like the asteroid chase with Obi-Wan and Jango Fett, or what about the awesome opening battle to Episode III. I think that next to the original movie, Sith had probably the most impressive opening as Anakin and Obi-Wan swooped down amongst the capital ships for the opening battle, something like that would be amazing in Star Tours. You could have the storyline being a trip from Naboo to Coruscant, where you end up with the detour on Tatooine where you get caught up in the podrace, then hit the Geonosis asteroid field, before arriving at Coruscant to find the planet under siege, and you end up after weaving through the battle, disabling Greivous' flagship, and then doing the big crashlanding on Coruscant.

speedpacket

I just wish that if they are going to release a follow-up, that they would keep two of the four starspeeders run the old one.  It could fit perfectly in the concept of the astroport where voyagers would be able to where they would want to travel...

Might need some queuing adjustments, but I think it would be manageable, and not only keep the good old stuff, but even add to the atmosphere of the astrport where we are all voyagers on startour flights ;)

We don't all fly to New York when we are going to an airport, are we? :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!