Expand Le Pays des Contes de Fées

Started by Kristof, September 02, 2007, 12:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Here's an idea... Imagineer new scenes for Le pays des contes de fées (Storybookland).  Remind that all fairytales featured in the attraction need to have an European origin and featured in a Disney animated movie or short.  :idea:

Photos of the current scenes can be found here:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/v ... ybookland/

WDI1992

A Sleeping Beauty scene, picturing the forest and the little house would be nice... castle would be nice too but we already have that one in real size don't we :)
Put in Aurore, her Prince and the owl and voila, there you have it  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Nicholas-c

My baby cousin loves this ride i think adding more scenes would be cool but only if it didn't make it too much more of a longer ride
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Owain

A London Scene from Peter Pan ?  :lol:

lilcharlie

Me and my family think that on Mt Olympus they should put a Hercules and Meg ... i think they should also definately get rid of the Wizard of Oz scene cos it is soooo random and doesnt realli fit!

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "lilcharlie"Me and my family think that on Mt Olympus they should put a Hercules and Meg ... i think they should also definately get rid of the Wizard of Oz scene cos it is soooo random and doesnt realli fit!

No, no Hercules and Meg... It would ruin the Fantasia setting! I just love the centaurs. I have WDCC statues of them.  :wink:

Now, perhaps a very silly question from me... How is the Wizard of Oz connected to Disney?? It seemed out of place to me, too... (Besides the fact that it is a live action movie, instead of an animated one, too... And it's American?)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

ukool

i think wizard of oz has something to do with mgm

Kristof

Return to Oz is a Disney movie.  

I don't know either why this scene is in Pays des Contés de Fées since all other stories are European inspired.  My only guess is that they wanted a Happy Ending, with the emerald castle at the end (think the ending of the original movie and the ending of Cinémagique).  

Off topic: there's a Wiki page about the Return of Oz movie here.

Anthony

I like the music of the "Return to Oz" scene...

What scenes do they have in the California Storybookland Canal Boats? They've already done a great job in Paris filling in the gaps of stories not found elsewhere in Fantasyland.

They should add something to the far corner though, where there's a bare grass bank around the pulley system for the boats... Maybe something like Hunchback of Notre Dame, Winnie the Pooh?

Or even better... Narnia! It'd flow nicely from the Peter and the Wolf scene too.

disneyrules

I really like this attraction and its a classic ride.
i think a winnie the pooh scene would be good to kristof or maybe they could have like a foresty section and have bits from films like bambi, winnie the pooh, robin hood and fox and the hound.
e.g. for bambi they could put the frozen lake and bambi and thumper could be on it.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

Wonderlicious

Re:
Quote from: "Anthony"I like the music of the "Return to Oz" scene...

What scenes do they have in the California Storybookland Canal Boats? They've already done a great job in Paris filling in the gaps of stories not found elsewhere in Fantasyland.

I watched a YouTube video of the original Storybook Land, and from my memory, the ride included:

*Cinderella's Castle
*Alice's village and the surrounding countryside (including the rabbit hole)
*Pinocchio's Village
*Monstro the Whale
*The Old Mill
*The houses of the three pigs
*A London park that Peter Pan flew over
*Toad Hall from The Wind in the Willows
*Agrabah
*A sort of grotto themed to The Little Mermaid

Anyway, I think that they do need to freshen up this ride a bit. Here's what I would do:

*Replace the current Rapunzel's tower with one that looks more like the one which will appear in the new film.

*Add a short Hercules scene on the banks just before the bridge (across from the Mermaid scene), and re-theme the current Olympus island to Pleasure Island from Pinocchio.

*Add a book next to the mill to remind people that it's (presumably) the Old Mill.

*Add a short scene based on one of the following Disney films: Cinderella, The Three Little Pigs, Mickey and the Beanstalk, Peter Pan or Bambi.
-Joe

Walt Disney World]
Disneyland Paris]

lauramumof3

i love this ride but agree that although return to oz is disney not many people have actually seen it and it was no way as good as the original. but definatly more modern scenes could be added.
Plus ive only been on this ride in winter in recent years and its so dull by the time i get on it, it looks as tho it needs a lick paint!
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)