Marceline
Disneyland® Paris discovered
Disneyland Paris will be closed from 30th October to 12th February (except 19th December to 3rd January*, full details).
ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

best time to go

Author Topic: best time to go  (Read 4930 times)

miss bell

• Give a little whistle
best time to go
« on: July 05, 2007, 01:12:18 PM »
hi we are planning to go to disneyworld next year but have a few questions if anyone can help...

first we have chosen the pop century hotel and was wondering if anyone has been to this one and would they recomend it...

also we are looking at going eiter late febuary..april..or november/december.... has anyone been at these times what is the weather like and also the crowds/attendance  or when are your favorite times to go and why....

if anyone can help that would be great and thanks...
    miss bell     :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by miss bell »

cdami

• Give a little whistle
best time to go
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 03:03:19 PM »
Hi!!  I have not been to WDW for any of the time frames that you are questioning.  But I can give you some adivce, since I live here in the States!!  I think April or November/December would be the best times.  Now if you want the parks crowded, then go for Nov/Dec, the Christmas decorations will be up, and all the parks and hotels are decorated.  If you want a lower key time to go the go in April.  Easter is in March next year, and the is usually a busy week, because the schools are off over here for the week and many go to WDW at that time.  April also has the Flower And Garden Festival at Epcot, which is wonderful to see.  We went this past May and had a blast!!  There is a wonderful site that we use http://www.allearsnet.com.  This site has wonderful information about WDW, and growing information about Disneyland in CA.  I do leave for vacation soon, but please let me know if you have questions.  Enjoy your planning!!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by cdami »
Cindy
DL in Calif 2004 for the 50th celebration at GCH
4 trips to WDW, Contemp, AS Sports, Poly, Beach Club
Adventures by Disney Cities of Nights & Lights and 4 days at DLRP  in July 2007

Kristof

• When You Wish Upon a Star
  • Welcome to magicforum!
    • http://www.photosmagiques.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »
We've been two years on a row in September, after Labor Day.  The parks are DEAD then.  During our first trip we had done nearly all major attractions in 4 days time.  

Also, it's very very cheap to go then since it's off season...
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Kristof »

RnRCj

• Substitutiary Locomotion
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 06:06:26 PM »
Don't go in June! My family made that mistake.....

HURRICANE! :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by RnRCj »

esmeralda

• Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 09:54:36 PM »
i wanted to plan to go to wdw in october or january. is that a good idea concerning wheater and visitors attendance??? :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by esmeralda »
Julia

Owain

• Substitutiary Locomotion
  • Business student at the University of Manchester
    • Instagram
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 11:07:24 PM »
I went in july. It was great weather. Sun for 14 days. Universal wasnt packed. Animal Kingdom wasnt but MGM, MK and Epcot were very busy.

We stayed at the all star movies which was great.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Owain »

miss bell

• Give a little whistle
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 03:29:04 PM »
thanks everyone for your help,dont really want to go when its to crowded so april and september sound good....once again thanks...miss bell :tink:

Kristof

• Welcome to magicforum!
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 03:47:18 PM »
Oh and a good resort tip: Animal Kingdom Lodge with Savanah view is the best!  I'll never stay at any WDW resort ever again!  :lol:  

I have photos online at Photos Magiques from our trip, but never completed the days...  I'll re-upload them soon after the new layout is finished and sort them out by park/area instead by days.

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/wdw06

miss bell

• Give a little whistle
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 12:51:10 PM »
really enjoyed looking at your photos,spent all morning looking and just realized the time...loved your dressing up outfits, does everyone dress up looks like good fun...
  anyway thanks again..miss bell :tink:

Kristof

• Welcome to magicforum!
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 01:48:32 PM »
Quote from: "miss bell"
really enjoyed looking at your photos,spent all morning looking and just realized the time...loved your dressing up outfits, does everyone dress up looks like good fun...
  anyway thanks again..miss bell :tink:

As you probably had guessed that was for the Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party.  We were lucky that year that the first party of the year was in September, so we arranged our trip around that.  It's fun, but don't expect too much of it for a hard ticket event.  Dressing up was actually the most fun part for me.  For example, a lot of the decorations around the park where just plywood cut-outs and there were wires for the additional lighting everywhere.  At the end of the evening everyone got a free Mars candy bar (it was advertise all over the place during the event), which turned out the size of a thumbnail...  :roll:  :lol:

But the biggest let down that night was the rain!  It had been raining for more than an hour so our costumes were just soaked!

Japper

• Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 09:41:17 PM »
Sorry to give this thread a bump but if you go end august/beginning of september , is the park crowded and are all the high-season things like fireworks and so on still there?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Japper »

Japper

• Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 04:26:16 PM »
Quote from: "Japper"
Sorry to give this thread a bump but if you go end august/beginning of september , is the park crowded and are all the high-season things like fireworks and so on still there?

Nobody :S ?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Japper »