Studio Tram tour

Started by flor, April 17, 2005, 02:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flor

I know, it is not hot news, but for the persons who jump on the tram tour, there is no more difference to sit in the train depending of which language you speak.

What is your opinion of that change?

I find it a pity that we lost Famke Janssen as our hostess to guide the tour in Dutch.
 :cry:

But Jeremy Irons humour is quite funny. :P

Patrick

Well this doesn't affect me too much, but I found it quite odd last time I was there, found it odd when they had all the European presenters at the end saying goodbye, still I think they should come back since afterall people will want to hear it in their language and not in either French or English.  Although the jokes that can be made from Jeremony Irons are great such as the slaying dragon one and the costumes :lol: .

Kristof

To be honest, I don't care too much about it.  Because the Dutch section was all the way in the back of the tram, so the view in Catastrophe Canyon wasn't that good.  And I'm not going to start talking about her English accent and silly humour.  :lol:

So for me, it's a good thing they replaced her by Jeremy Irons, who does a much better job.

Maybe they reduced the number of hosts so it's cheaper to film extra sequences...  :?:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Maybe they reduced the number of hosts so it's cheaper to film extra sequences...  :?:

They probably did it more because it caused problems with queue lengths having 3 seperate queues, though your idea is very interesting!  :D   I think the thing I most want for WDS after Toon Studios and ToT is a proper STT extension.

I was hoping for something this year even, since the tour closes during May, but it actually seems now that that will just be for routine maintenance on Catastrophe Canyon and nothing more.

I wonder how long they can keep it running on its current route though?  As ToT construction speeds up towards the second half of this year, there are going to be lots of vehicles using that access way across the STT road, and since ToT is so huge they're going to need extra space aswell to allow for the construction.

All the rumours have suggested that if the station is moved it'll be moved to near Café des Cascadeurs, but this would be even more of a problem than currently, so I can't see that happening anytime soon...

Back to the main discussion point here though, I think just having French/English is fine.  Much better, infact.  :wink: