The Legend Of The Lion King - Ends Jan 4th

Started by Anthony, April 15, 2005, 11:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howtodeal

Quotebut that won't happen before next year!

Hey Raptor, by saying next year do you mean January 2009 or the next Disneyland year which is
in March 2009?

never2old

I won't be too upset if they stop it, to be honest... It's been going on for too long. It's OK, but I prefered it when they changed their shows a bit more regularly. I remember a Beauty and the Best one that was really good, and the Mulan one with the chinese acrobats was brilliant.

For me, it's time to have a new, different show!

Kristof

I've said this before, Videopolis is not a theatre location!  It's a fast food restaurant.  Small entertaining shows like Mickey's Showtime belong there.  

They should build a big theatre somewhere in Fantasyland for shows like Legend of the Lion King.  Those actors shouldn't perform in the smell of hamburgers & fries...

MagicStar

You are so right, raptor!
I often thought: What a shame.
A show of this high-quality. With high-quality performers. And high-quality effects...
And people sit there, eat their burgers, talk, laugh...
One should pay more attention and respect to the actors
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Kristof

I was thinking, why not give local (or European) bands a change to play on the stage.  A bit like the Magic Music Days but more in the style of the Tomorrowland Terrace at Disneyland California.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"I was thinking, why not give local (or European) bands a change to play on the stage.  A bit like the Magic Music Days but more in the style of the Tomorrowland Terrace at Disneyland California.
Nice idea.

And at the same time, perhaps remove the theatre seating and put more tables down there, if the ground can be levelled out. Then they could even use it as a location for dinner shows and things like that Mickey's Christmas meal which is being held in the Pavillion behind the park this year.

Another factor that might make LOTLK a bit less popular with the execs paying to keep it a year-round fixture could be the actual Lion King musical that has now opened in Paris. I don't know what happened there backstage at Disney that a "rival" show for some reason opened up just 30 minutes away within a few years of LOTLK opening. It seems like bad planning.

I'll say it for the millionth time now -- the Animagique theatre is perfect for shows like this! It'd raise the profile of WDS yet again, and then 1,100 people can see it properly, not 400. If they don't want to continue with The Lion King, buy up DCA's Aladdin.

Anyway, I really hope the show doesn't go dark this Winter. That's the one time when you're really glad of Videopolis having a great show in the warm indoors.

RockNRoller

I'd be stunned if it was due to budget cuts as they are reporting good numbers now, if it has to go I'd like to see the Nemo musical.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Nala_84

Oh no, please not the Lion King Show, I love it so much :(! And I thought the show was pretty popular?! (Although I still think it doesn't really fit into Discoveryland)...

QuoteAnyway, I really hope the show doesn't go dark this Winter. That's the one time when you're really glad of Videopolis having a great show in the warm indoors.
Totally agree! It will be our first time during Christmas Season (if it's still possible to book), what would be the sense in cutting an indoor show?!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Nala_84"Oh no, please not the Lion King Show, I love it so much :(! And I thought the show was pretty popular?! (Although I still think it doesn't really fit into Discoveryland)...

It is really popular, always full whenever i have gone, but discoveryland is a really bad place imo
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Simbasgirl

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"due to budget cuts the Lion King show will cease by the end of September

I have a friend who goes every January and I know she would be so upset if it ended or became a summer season event as she is in love with the Lion King show, I hope it's just a rumour for her sake. It will be interesting to know if it's true or not. :?

:ears:  love Aveen xxx

aww bless ya Aveen!! :(

Yip it has to be said if it stops there's no point me going!!! :wink:
8th visit to the magic coming very soon x

SophieD

oh man!!

i am going to DLRP in December and thats the one show that i wanted to see !

as i have never seen it before!! i

its always been so busy!

But i agree with Raptor, how awful must it be to perform in the midst of burgers and fries???

may be they could build a theatre in Adventureland? surely the whole theme fits perfectly?
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Kristof

People people people!  C'mon, this has not even been confirmed!!!!  Please wait for official information before panicking on some rumours!  :wink:

Nala_84

Your words in Gods ear, raptor ;)!

Really hope to see the show again this winter! :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Maarten

According to Mr. Entertainment at DLP.info Boards:

QuoteHaving spoken to my contact in Paris this evening, I can confirm the following:

1.The Cinéfolies Cast are currently in rehearsals for Art Of Animation.(Much to their disgust too....)
2.Cinéfolies will cease to exist as of the 30th September, with the exception of Special Events.
3.Conecerning Tarzan and The Legend Of The Lion King, Tarzan will become a seasonal show for the summer season only, and TLOTLK will be the Winter seasonal show.
4.Outside of these official seasonal dates, both stages will be closed for refurbishment.
5.The "Cinéfolies" actors and actresses moved to AOA will be used to present the Lilo & Stich show, which will be an annual summer show, due to the popularity rating of 98%.
6.Lilo & Stitch's budget will be increased. By how much, is not known.
7.The reason for this cut, as explained by my source is linked to Guest Satisfaction comments which were exceptionally low, following the promotion of Miss LouLou, and Alexandra to Management positions, and the introduction of CDD(short term seasonal)/Agency actors in the roles of the Cinéfolies actors.

Please remember that this is of course subject to change, but is the "up to date" situation, as of today.

So what do you think? It seems The Legend of the Lion King will be the main show during the wintermonths, while The Tarzan Encounter will be featured in the summermonths. No word however about Mickey's Winter Wonderland.

By the way, I think its a shame that the Cinefolies are forced to do a Stitch show at Art of Disney Animation. To be really honest, I'm getting a Stitch overkill at the moment, considering he is rumoured to get a show at Disoveryland aswell.

steppelemming

Quote from: "Baloo"I'll say it for the millionth time now -- the Animagique theatre is perfect for shows like this! It'd raise the profile of WDS yet again, and then 1,100 people can see it properly, not 400. If they don't want to continue with The Lion King, buy up DCA's Aladdin.

I have to agree.  When we went to see the lion king show on Wednesday we were there an hour before it started and within 20 minutes or so they were turning people away because the que was already full.  The lion king is a very popular atraction (and a fantastic show too) its just a shame more people dont get to see it.  I would have been disappointed if I had gone there for just one day and not been able to get in to see the show so i can imagine how a lot of the people felt who were being turned away.
Disney trips
1988 - WDW Florida
1994 - WDW Florida
1996 - WDW Florida
1998 - WDW Florida
2000 - DLRP Caravan
2001 - DLRP Hotel cheyenne
2007 - DLRP Explorers hotel
2008 - DLRP Kyriad hotel
2010 - DLRP xmas trip, sequoia lodge
2011 - DLRP hotel cheyenne
2012 - Halloween here we come