Toppings bar at Café Hyperion (Videopolis)

Started by Kristof, August 22, 2007, 02:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Members on Disney Central Plaza are reporting about a toppings bar, installed past week at Café Hyperion!  The idea is simple. You go buy your hamburger at the desk, you get the sandwich with the meat between it, then you go to the toppings bar and fill the hamburger up with everything you want, like salad, tomatoes, onions, sauces, ...

This concept is common at the American parks and finally found its way to DLRP.   =D>

Flounder

Quote from: "raptor1982"This concept is common at the American parks and finally found its way to DLRP.   =D>

That sounds cool - but you have to say that it found its way back to DLRP.

They already had it when the park was opened back in 1992. I can't remember how long it lasted - but I thougt they got rid of it because of the pretty unamerican behaviour of the european peeps. This means that their burgers were gigantic after they visited the topping bar - you could hardly see the burger below all the toppings ;)

But it's a good thing if this has come back to the park. I'll check this next week *yummy*

Cheers,
Flounder

Kristof

QuoteThis means that their burgers were gigantic after they visited the topping bar - you could hardly see the burger below all the toppings

That's exactly how it was in the US.  :wink:   And they were not European.  It's  a toppings bar after all, you're allowed to fill it up with whatever and how much you want.  :)

Flounder

Quote from: "raptor1982"That's exactly how it was in the US.  :wink:   And they were not European.  It's  a toppings bar after all, you're allowed to fill it up with whatever and how much you want.  :)

That probably were the Europeans in the US - incl. me  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

But it's really funny that they are putting this back since they removed it a long time ago. But perhaps they were not making enough profit out of the counter service restaurants and were looking for a way to give the visitors kinda more benefit from it?!

Cheers,
Flounder

peep

Wow, sounds cool, lets hope it works out. Only problem I see is it getting really messy or fillings running low quickly. Might add to the queue problems too.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

RiverSong

I wonder if it looks like the way it looked in 1992. I liked it! It looked like a huge car with such a "ball" on it with lights inside (I'm pretty bad at describing such things  #-o ). Anyway I liked it.

Has anyone photos yet? I just want to know if this is the same toppings bar or at least a themed toppings bar.

SkySurfer

Wow  :lol:
Very good news!
Thanx for posting this raptor!

I loved this way to create your burger at WDW. I always thought:
Please let it come to DLRP :-)

And here we are!

These news made my day!

=D>

tubbsy

This is fantastic! On our to try out list for October.

Can I ask a really stoopid question tho'? How'd they monitor it? Is it watched over by a CM like a buffet would be? Or can you be really ridiculous and fill the bun as much as you want?  :shock:  :lol: It wouldnt be a bad thing  as Steph has hit the teengae " I eat pretty much everything I see" stage!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Nala_84

Does this thing also count for the vegetarian Omelette Burger?!  :lol:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Flounder

Quote from: "Nala_84"Does this thing also count for the vegetarian Omelette Burger?!  :lol:

Why not? ;)

Owain

At Last pictures of it !  :P

//http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20070821/

davewasbaloo

OMG how depressing. I'm glad to see the toppings bar back like the old days, but such a boring table.  I remember the wonderful victorian Electric Car they had with the toppings bar.  It was sold on ebay a few years ago sadly.  Now they have brought it back (which is a great service), but with a really sloppily presented way.
since 2001 (many before that)

Disneyana

I need to say that it looks awful. I had not expect it to look like this.  :cry:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

disney_donutter

It is a bit plain and boring really, thats a bit dissapointing, but at least they have one at all I guess! lol

Anonymous

Doesn't really bother me, not a hamburger fan - I'll stick to my hotdogs. But it does look a bit uninspiring.

:lol: