trip report 28july-2aug

Started by esmeralda, August 14, 2007, 10:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esmeralda

hello everyone!
i'm back from a wonderful and special trip.I'm sorry that i don't have the time to write about everyday and every attraction we drove at what time but i'd like to write about stuff that is special and important for me and hopefully interesting for you guys :D
first of all, we were lucky with thw eather, it only rained one morning and when we left the park for the very last time, the rest was pretty sunny, not hot but good weather for staying the whole day outside and to take A LOT of great pictures!!
Already at the first day we watched OUAD parade and we all LOVED it!!!It's such a beautiful parade, so many nice effects- we had to watch it several times!! I also love the song "Just Like We Dreamed It", everytime i listen to it at home it gives me goosebumps!!
I was really glad about all these open restaurants like Hakuna Matata( we had these new family offer with a bucket of spicy chicken legs, wings...Delicious! but not enough for 4 starving adults :D ), Buzz Lightyear's pizza Planet, café de la Brousse, Captain Hook's Galley, Fuente Del Oro and in WDS Café des Cascadeurs. I thought already i would never have the chance to enjoy the atmosphere of all these restaurants!! Now I'm still waiting to see Adventureland Bazar reopened as it was originally...
On Castle Stage there was still that meet n' greet with the princesses, i saw Belle and Adam, Wendy and Peter, Alice and Mad Hatter,Aladdin and Jasmin. During OUAD parade i saw Megara for the very first time and between L'Auberge de Cendrillon and La Confeserie des trois feés i saw Cinderella and Prince Charming as well as Sleeping Beauty and Prince Philipp.
Of course we watched Alpha Bet You Are and Candleabration. Loved both, just fantastic idea "dancing" letters and that show in front of the castle was just Disneymagic!!!
watched several times the cheracter express, and again i loved the song ( It's so good to listen to new songs!!!) It's just so great to hear suddenly the music starting and watch people standing on the sidewalks enyoing the "parade", taking pictures, waving and moving to the music- again Disney magic!!! (I guess you guys realized already by now that i'm totally brim over with enthusiasm for that entertainment 2007.. :D
We tried to stay one day longer but Sequoia Lodge was completly booked up. By the way we had two beautiful rooms in the main building. loved to see some advertise for high school musical 2 and ratatouille in the elevator.
concerning merchandise i bought Remy as a plush toy, lots of 15 stuff like a mug, a beach towel, a 15 logo pin (actually several ones), my second pin bag, lots of pins also a lot LE!, slippers with mickey on it, crocks with hiden mickeys, a 15 shirt, 2 15logo boxes, a 15 book mark.....they had so many beautiful and special pins this year, i'm so happy, could have bought even more. i was also lucky that i arrived the day after a pin trading night and a few days later they published a ratatoiulle pin ( I#m already a big fan of that cute rat, can't wait to watch the movie..) is there a reason why LE pins are behind the cash desk?
I also made it to ride the KEELBOATS! and just in that moment when my family saw Mark Twain hidden behind trees and we thought it would never run again it was open and Molly Brown ,the racoon Keelboat and Mark Twain were open at the same time! Is that all because of Karl HolZ???If yes,I love him! :D
WdS: The studios were really crowded this year which i love, cause then i know it's good for disney, they earn money (I worry for that cause i know the history and experienced the park empty in '94  :cry: )
Crush was great, the first time i had to sream so much cause i had no clue what's coming next and we rode it 3 times, always backwards-that was destiny :D  Although my brother and me are grown ups we had to test cars race ralley and it was funny. loved the many details in the waiting area as well as in crush's the two sea gulls- excellent, made the queue much shorter(waiting time was around 80-90 minutes everytime).
Visited every hotel as every time, they have a new tv in the lobby with a little film with characters watching the rooms, the restaurants, goofy triede out the gym and the pool... i love stuff like that! my brother had to record it in every hotel  :D
B.t.w. there was new hotel tv informations, watched every language and my brother and i had a blast comparing them.
I think that's it in general. My family is already planning a trip in november- depends on my work conditions and/or the trip in summer next year!!! I hope i didn't forget anything, just in case i'm gonna complete.
hope the report was not to long, and you had a good time by reading it.
greetings
Julia

esmeralda

I knew i forget sth; I loved the new atmosphere at WDS!! so much difference to it before. I think It's so well done with a lot of details and although i would have loved to see the american version of toon town in paris i have to say that i'm glad with that result.It's graet to have the possibility to stand in line to meet the new rats or mickey instead of being pushed by children! and hectical parents. Spend a lot time in that area..
Eat at Backlot Express fot the first time, which was nice to sit outside with a mickey pizza or mickey brioche and have a look at Rock n' Roller Coaster..
As you can read i can't stop adoring DLRP especially this year..
Julia

tubbsy

So you had a terrible time then Esmerelda?  :lol:  :P

Glad you had such a great time.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Disneyana

Thanks for your nice report. When reading it I can hardly await my trip. Oh and you bought a lot of Pins, that's great, but in which shops do they sell the LE ones behind the cash desk ?
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

esmeralda

Hey disneyana, they sell the LE pins in most of the shops behind the desk, which means you can see them when standing around the desk. it's also not a problem to have a look at them, just ask. I saw a lot in Emporium, Harrington's, General Store ( Hotel Cheyenne), On the desk at the Pin Super Station in front of Gibson girl, Disney Store ( Disney Village)... You won't miss them! Have fun on your trip and be lucky with LE! :cheshire_bounce:
Julia

Disneyana

Thanks a lot ! :nemo:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"