Trip report - Pros and cons of my trip!

Started by lilcharlie, August 12, 2007, 08:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilcharlie

I went to Disney land with my family from the 5th of August until the following friday and had a wickid time! When we got there the weather was amazingly hot but the rest of the time it was pretty sucky .... still had a great time though and can't wait to go again haha! One of the funniest moments of the holiday was when me and my dad were queing for rock and roller coaster and were wathcing the cars shoot off when one of the cars didnt go and was just sitting there and then suddenly shot off without the build up or anything! I also thort the park felt alot busier im guessing cos of the 15th celebrations and stuff but all the attractions seemed to have much bigger ques during the day!

There was just a few things that i thort were particularly great and some things that werent so peachy!

- Overal the park looked amazing for the 15th celebrations and i thort the castle looked amazing and pretty classy with the candles etc on it . There also seemed to be more flowers.... and the park generally looked great.
- The new parade was excellent and thort it was really cool how they mainly had two disney films to a float.... especially loved the disney villain float.
- Loved the fact that there is now additional entertainment around the park such as the brass band playing outside the castle and a band sometimes playing before watching Cinemagique.
- Crush's coaste was the best ever..... I thort the ride was great and equally loved the slower part of the ride and the roller coaster and loved the theming in the queing area.
- I really liked the firey things that you get  outside Indiana Jones in the dark and think that even small changes like that make such a big differece to the overall atmosphere. I always think the park looks amazing at night time especially in adventure isle and on attractions like Big Thunder mountain.

- My family and I really werent too impressed with the new magical hours system. We found that by going into the parks at 8.00 most of the attractions werent open even rides like Its a small world and Snow White and there was little point being in the park so early. You want to go into the park early to try and avoid ques for rides such as BTM and frontier lands not open until 10.
- Although Crush's coaster is a great ride trying to get on it is abit of a nightmare unless you want to que for hours. We got into the studios early and it was a complete scrum even before the park had opened. Its kinda really dangerous for little kids cos so many were getting squished with people trying to fight there way towards the ride. I think there needs to be a more effective way of getting people into the park, letting people que up as soon as people get into the park rather than having a made dash by making people wait behind the doors.

tubbsy

Sounds like you had a great time lilcharlie-even the sucky bits werent so sucky :lol:

So what rides were open during emh?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

smurfy74

There seems to be loads of people complaining about the queues for Crush, I really hope that it isnt the case when we go 5 weeks today :D  :D  :D  :D Glad you had a really good time overall

lilcharlie

On one of the mornings during the emh i think only peter pan, the dumbos and Pinochio were only open and obviously because lots of people were using the emh ..... they got pretty busy!

seanmartina

Crushes coaster was always packed when we werre there, we never got on it at all, 100mins waiting then other days it was 3 dashes like --- so that must have went past the 120 mins mark... maybe i will get a go on it at christmas

lilcharlie

It is such a good ride .... if i was only gonna get one opportunity to go on it .. i would probably que up an hour for it but 2 hours is kinda ridiculous! Just make sure your in the park during the emh and the ques shouldnt be too bad !