What new line of merchandising would you like for Disney?

Started by WDI1992, July 26, 2007, 05:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDI1992

We all love Disney, and we all love Disney merchandise...
Disneyland Resort Paris sells a huge variety of merchandise, going from pluches, to figurines, or from snowglobes to clothing... But my question to you is, what new merchandise would you like to see in the future, that Disney does NOT sell yet?
It can be 15th anniversary merchandise, or it can be regular merchandise to be sold 'permanently'.
Any suggestions? Go ahead  :wink:  
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Kristof

Attraction posters!!!

WDI1992

very nice idea, goes for me too...
what I'd like to see is a new, more elegant line of Interior decoration.
eg. Lamps, Wallpaper... but being more 'grown up' , whereas now it tends to be very 'in your face', bright colors, plastic materials, rather for children's rooms than decoration you would put in your livingroom.
and people... please, with wallpaper i do not mean red wallpaper with yellow Mickey's :lol: , I mean something like Lilly's boutique-inspired wallpaper...
wooden lampstands, nice sidetables, something you would find in, let's say, the Disneyland Hotel or Sequoia Lodge...  a more upscale boutique, if you know what I mean :wink:  and of course, I know a Disney sofa wouldn't be realistic  :roll: :lol:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

www.ResortDreams.net

peep

I like the furniture and poster idea.

With furniture they could do like a nice kitchen rack or something made out of wood with Disney characters nicely carved into the front of it. Obviously they couldn't sell a piece of furntiure that is huge because peeps wouldn't purchase the items due to not being able to get them home. But smaller items, maybe a magazine holder or something. Doesn't even have to made out of nice wood, could be metal or a plastic with bright colours for a themed kids bedroom.

Posters would be coolios but I think the audience for posters of the attractions could be a bit limited.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

speedpacket

BAsically, the best that Disney can do in my honest opinion is bring in more quality!!!  I am a Walt Disney Classics Collections fanatic, and these are not cheap, but have great quality and are very nice!!!

They have plenty of stuff that looks cheap and gets sold a dozen times an hour.  What I'm looking for is more exclusive material, and of a far higher quality...

For instance - I have been doubting to get myself the China for breakfast, but the quality is extremely poor that it will not survive two dishwasher sessions...  Also - but that might be just me - I personally HATE it when the items I buy have the "Disneyland Resort Paris" text or logo printed on it...  I would like a much more subtile Mickey instead :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "speedpacket"I personally HATE it when the items I buy have the "Disneyland Resort Paris" text or logo printed on it...  I would like a much more subtile Mickey instead :)

When I was there they had mercgindise from WDW :shock:  :o  :oops:

Anonymous

More Belle / Princess stuff, but aimed more at the adult collector. I was disappointed that they didn't have any Armani's anywhere when I went in March.

I generally prefer the plushes that are available in the Disney Store over here, I think the quality is generally better. I love the Princess plush dolls, and wish they'd expand the line to feature the Princesses in more outfits such as Belle in blue dress, Ariel as a human, Briar Rose, Cinders in rags, etc.

I think alot of the pins are much nicer in other locales too. I've got some beautiful pins online through Ebay, but I think a lot of the DLRP pins pale in comparison. Unless you're really lucky dropping on them, or make a point of going over specially for them, a lot of the pins on sale at DLRP are fairly standard pins.

I'd also like to see some film posters in English. Plenty of them were available in French, but not in English.

And why do they do lines of stuff but don't include all characters. I'm particularly thinking of the Princess stuff. They had some mini-figurines in March, which had everyone but Ariel included. They also had some postcards, but they didn't feature Snow White and Jasmine. Seems strange not to feature all 6 core Princesses in all the Princess merchandise.

WDI1992

yes indeed, Raptor pointed it out last time, it's merchandising from WDW, it has the WDW logo printed on it...  and then underneath that logo is our logo... now this goes just a little too far to me... someone misinterpreted the term 'recycling' i think  :wink:

www.ResortDreams.net

Anonymous

I don't have a problem with that if it's good quality stuff. Obviously somethings have to be unique and feature the icons of DLRP, but I don't have a problem with the generic character merchandise.

Owain

I love rides so id love for models of ride cars, e.g; Space Mountain Space Ship, Pirate ship from peter pan ride etc.

madame_leota

id love if they did models of the attractions, like BTM and Phantom Manor

disney_donutter

I am not really sure ya know, I always think, I wish they did this and I wish they did that, but now someone has presented us with a question I can't think at all.. lol.

WDI1992

got to keep things exciting here, right Donutter  :lol:
any specific item? ... new attraction merchandising, new clothing line?...
not easy to choose something though, is it  :D

www.ResortDreams.net

disney_donutter

no! definately not easy to choose.  If I had to pick I would probably say...

The clothes that the cast members wear on Phantom Manor and Pirates etc.  That would be very cool, to have replica outfits!!!!

peep

Quote from: "disney_donutter"The clothes that the cast members wear on Phantom Manor and Pirates etc.  That would be very cool, to have replica outfits!!!!

That would be so awesome. The purple Phantom Manor suit is just so nice. The pirates costumes look really nice as well, but I think they would be more for fancy dress etc, I can't think of any other time I would wear something like that unless I worked there.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320