Where do you keep your pins

Started by MAVERICK, July 26, 2007, 12:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

I am an optician and I keep all my pins (150ish) in spectacle display boxes scrounged from a supplier!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Crush_Love

woow 150!!!^^ i have 62

and what'S a display box???
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

ford prefect

a spectacle display box is a flat case approx 25cm by 80cm with compartments big enough to hold a pair of glasses.

i bought some oasis (the stuff florists use to hold the stems of dried flower arrangements) and cut it to size, the pins look great and are safe from my 2 childrens wandering fingers
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Cinder

Pins from our own collection:  in a frame or on a corkboard.
Pins for trading: in a pinbook.

Total pincount: between 1200 and 1300.  8)

Crush_Love

Quote from: "ford prefect"a spectacle display box is a flat case approx 25cm by 80cm with compartments big enough to hold a pair of glasses.

thank you^^
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

Samninetysix

:pluto: We have 34 Limited Edition Pins, 78 pins that you can buy all the time and a Jumbo Merry Christmas Stitch Pin LE and also the Limited Edition 400  Box Set of the 15th Anniversary.
We keep them all in Disney Trading Bags.

giorgio1712

Quote from: "Samninetysix":pluto: We have 34 Limited Edition Pins, 78 pins that you can buy all the time and a Jumbo Merry Christmas Stitch Pin LE and also the Limited Edition 400  Box Set of the 15th Anniversary.
We keep them all in Disney Trading Bags.

You can buy a 15th Anniversary box set with 400 pins in?? How much??  :shock:

Anonymous

I suspect the box set is limited to only 400 editions - not that it contains 400 pins!  :lol:

madzilla

Does anyone who's been to DLRP recently know if they still sell the large pin books like this one anywhere, and if so in which shop(s)? I was last there in October last year and couldn't see any. My pins currently live in a holder like this (only mine is a WDW 2005 one), but the collection is starting to outgrow it!

Thanks,
Mad -x-

Anonymous

They had them in March. Planning on getting at least one next week.

TowMater

I kept one of mine on top of the eletricty box but I'm not sure if it's still there, I haven't seen it for a few years.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Cinder

Quote from: "madzilla"Does anyone who's been to DLRP recently know if they still sell the large pin books like this one anywhere, and if so in which shop(s)? I was last there in October last year and couldn't see any. My pins currently live in a holder like this (only mine is a WDW 2005 one), but the collection is starting to outgrow it!

Thanks,
Mad -x-

They were still on sale at the PTD, August 25th.

Javey74

QuoteI bought a pin trading bag from dlrp last year, It is great, has pockets to keep all my spare backs etc.

Yeah I got one for my daughter August 2006, they are really neat, plenty of extra pockets for odds and ends as you say.  82 pins in total up to now, (all my daughters, though it does contain my prized Donald Duck ones).

There is plenty of space in these pin trading bags. Not sure how many they could hold on average. Quite a lot, put it that way.

:D

RockNRoller

Sorry for the late reply, only just joined. My pins are on a cork board mounted on a larger board surrounded by photo's. I've only collected pins relevant to the trip... rides I've been on, shows Ive see, years Ive been and hotels stayed in. Hoping for Crush and Cars pins this visit
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "RockNRoller"Sorry for the late reply, only just joined. My pins are on a cork board mounted on a larger board surrounded by photo's. I've only collected pins relevant to the trip... rides I've been on, shows Ive see, years Ive been and hotels stayed in. Hoping for Crush and Cars pins this visit

i too genurallly just buy pins relevent to the stay rather then
"oooooooh lets thake this stitch one, this minnie one and ooh what about this mickey one?"
i genurally like collecting either the limited pins out at the time of visit or if theres a new attraction/show/ parade etc i would normally go for a pin relevent to the new opening
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012