Woody's Roundup Village

Started by Imagineer, July 23, 2007, 06:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imagineer

What's happening at Critter Corral?!  :shock:

Anthony

I split this from the DLRP Magic updates topic.

Imagineer seems to be talking about this news.

kermit

They won´t reopen critter coral, will they ? Maybe they put a winnie pooh playground in that area, though i doubt it would fit.

Just my two cents.
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

Kristof

Here's the photo Imagineer is talking about:

And please please please, this won't be for Splash Mountain, so let's not spam the topic with "they should build splash mountain there".   :wink:

Nala_84

Shouldn't they?!  :P

No, but does really noone know what they're doing there? It'd be so sad if Critter Corral would never come back, I loved it  :(
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Riebi

I don´t know what they do there but I´m really exicted. All there is rounded by contruction walls and you have no view of it. I tried it from the train but no way
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Parkfisch

The construction wall should be brown and not green ! This is not Main Street / Discoveryland !

Winnie Pooh playground ? Then it would be more realistic if they build the Winie Pooh ride there.
 :wink:

Imagineer

So it seems that nobody have any idea of what it could be. A real mistery... Or is it a simple rehab!

Anthony

It's strange that no other websites have picked up on this, it's looking quite major news. As Riebi said, the whole of Critter Corral is surrounded by fences - when they were refurbishing Cowboy Cookout and the Thunder Mesa buildings, they didn't even put up a single barrier!

Just for completist's sake:

Quote from: "DLRP Today"The West isn't Wild enough yet!

So, after returning Molly Brown to service, giving Mark Twain another touch up, repainting almost all of the Thunder Mesa town, completing a two-month refurbishment of Big Thunder Mountain, restoring the Disneyland Railroad Frontierland Depot and bringing a bright "ranch" red glow back to Cowboy Cookout Barbeque, have they reached the end of the tick-list? Not yet...

For over five years, Critter Corral has sat empty with a sign stating, "We'll be back next season!" - only to remain empty the following year.

In their photo roundup dated 14th July 2007, the Photos Magiques team noted a few construction fences around one of the buildings at the entrance to the former children's farm. This weekend, more strange things have happened - the entire area has been surrounded with fences, from the railroad to the old Woodcarver's Workshop, even entirely obscuring the view of the area from the railroad line, all carrying the 15th Anniversary "we're preparing something new" signs...

- Image -

So, preparing for the return of animals to the Cottonwood Creek Ranch farm, or preparing for an entirely different future development? With such an abundance of fences and the permanent return of live animals seeming very unlikely, the days of the old Critter Corral appear to be numbered.

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"It's strange that no other websites have picked up on this, it's looking quite major news. As Riebi said, the whole of Critter Corral is surrounded by fences - when they were refurbishing Cowboy Cookout and the Thunder Mesa buildings, they didn't even put up a single barrier!

Yes that is strange indeed! Nobody seems to know something about what happen there. Is it one of the birthday surprises? Mr. Holz seems to have some specials in his bag!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Blast from the past... I've dug up some photos from 2003 when Critter Corral was still open...  I have to warn you though that these photos were taken BEFORE I discovered Sony photo camera's...

» Critter Corral at Photos Magiques

Masamune

:oops: I'm kinda glad it's gone, as I don't believe small children and animals mix. I remember years ago when it was still open, there would always be some little brat chasing the chickens, or pulling on the goat's ears. Their parents would tell them off, but they wouldn't actually stop them from doing it and that always upset me. :( *Is a big animal lover* I don't doubt that DLRP took very good care of the animals, but there just wasn't enough restrictions in regards to people's children. At least when I was there anyway.

Nala_84

Well, that's really a point I didn't think about, but you're right :(! I love animals aswell and maybe was to selfish I didn't think about it that little children could hurt the animals :(
But what could come there instead?!? Please not another playground  :P
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

peep

Quote from: "Nala_84"Please not another playground  :P

lol, I think that would be a bit silly as there is already one in Frontierland.

It will be interesting to see what happens though.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

bikemonkey

as much as I'd like to see a big new attraction, they stand to gain nothing by keeping it secret.  Announcing a new attraction is a great bit of free publicity so they'd make the most of it if something big was planned.

This begs the question - what could they be doing that they don't feel the need to shout about?

Have they ever unveiled a great attraction out of the blue?  In the past, what have un-announced constructions turned out to be?