Daughter in Princess Costumes

Started by Javey74, July 22, 2007, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

I've added some photos I took of my daughter in her Princess Costumes.  Five costumes up to now.  Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella and Snow white, all with accessories.

Click the 'Photo Gallery' link below to access

:D

disney_donutter

I am so jealous! lol I always wanted a Belle dress when I was little but I never got it, I think I would have made a really cute Belle.

Wouldnt have the same effect now though :-P lol.

Javey74

Dreams can come true Disney Donutter, when we went to see Disney on Ice at the Arena in Newcastle.  There were adults in these costumes.  I know fancy dress shops do have them, but by the look of these ones I would say they were professionally hand made.

So even though you didn't get a Belle dress as a child, you can get one as an adult.  Not sure about the cost though.

The way I see it, even though my daughter will grow out of these costumes , they are nice to keep as collectors items.  Still an investment for future years.  I dare say the adults ones will be exactly the same if finely crafted to a Disney specification.

:D

disney_donutter

you can get the adult Belle dresses at DLRP I was quite tempted last time but never did. lol.

Javey74

Must have missed that one, I saw ages up to 14 Years old but not adult, well other than the princesses themselves.  :lol:

Which boutiques were the adult ones in, and what sizes did they go up to. :?:

disney_donutter

funnily enough they were in the ride outside snow white, but that is the only place I saw them. They went upto a size 44" which is about a 20 I think.

Javey74

Funny you should say that, I remember now that you have mentioned it,  about the boutique outside the Snow White Ride, there were some really long dresses, but I didn't check all the ages of these ones when I was looking for my daughters.

All of the other boutiques averaged mostly 12 years.

Thanks for that one :wink:

disney_donutter

no worries! :-D

J Worthington Foulfellow

Wow, your daughter looks great - especially as Cinderella!

I have an Esmeralda costume that I picked up from a costume shop - it's age 11-12, but I am 19 and can still fit in it.  I'm planning to wear it when we go to see Disney on Ice next in Nottingham in September.

I didn't know that they sold adult costumes in the park - I will definitely look out for them when I'm there (only a month to go now!)  I have always wanted to dress as Belle, too :)
Mesdames et Messieurs, et vous, les enfants....

DLRP August 93, August 97, September 01, June 04, December 05, August 07

Nala_84

Wow, you daughter should be so lucky she gets all of those beautiful princess dresses!! :) She really looks sweet in them!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Just to point out, but I'm sure you all know this already, adults are not allowed to wear any costume inside the Disney parks, except during the Halloween Soiree.   :)

Nala_84

Really?! But they are allowed during the Halloween Soirée, right? ;)
Are there also princess costumes for adults sold??  :shock:

Edit: Sorry, didn't see you mentioned the Halloween Soirée nights :D
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

MinnieMouse

Quote from: "raptor1982"Just to point out, but I'm sure you all know this already, adults are not allowed to wear any costume inside the Disney parks, except during the Halloween Soiree.   :)

Are you sure? You can buy costumes for adults, too. We saw it last June.

And 2 Years ago we saw 2 Ladies wearing the Snow White and Belle Dress in Disneyland Parc.

Alexandra

madame_leota

Quote from: "raptor1982"Just to point out, but I'm sure you all know this already, adults are not allowed to wear any costume inside the Disney parks, except during the Halloween Soiree.   :)

noo!! we were planning on dressing up as pirates during our next trip and hoping to get pictures with jack sparrow!! why is that then? i wore a malificent costume over there once though...

javey your daughter looks so gorgeous!! here a piccy of my little boy in  princess costumes  :D this will be one for his first g/f!! :lol: i bought them for my friends daughter but couldnt resist puting them on him!!  he wont let me put any boyish costumes like a pirate or vampire on him, but he loved the princess ones!! :lol:

[/b]

disney_donutter

hahahahaha oh my god, I forgot you took those pics!! he loves dressing up as a girl, one of his fave tricks is stealing my heels and tottering around in them and a handbag, lol. Bless him.