Trip report 15-20th July

Started by Suzy, July 22, 2007, 05:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suzy

SUNDAY

Arrived at CDG airport to find all of our luggage had arrived safely (phew) and the man from Eurominbus was waiting holding a sign with my name on.  Thanks to those of you here who recommended them, their service was faultless.  Great taxi (VW Caravelle) -  A/C and loads of room.  When we stepped out it was sooooo hot!

Our room on the admirals floor at NBC was great, right in the middle overlooking the lake so we could see the castle, fantastic view.  We unpacked and sorted our backpacks out, ready for the park.

Went to the village (By now nearly 3pm) and had a mcdonalds burger as we booked the steakhouse for later. (We'd been up since 6am to get to Heathrow and were starving).  Had halfboard plus meal vouchers which encouraged us to eat in different restaurants during our stay.

Into the park and onto my favourite ride - POTC! We also went on Buzz Lightyear LB which was a new ride for us since our last trip in 2005.  My score was a pitiful 22,000!  Don't laugh!  Bought loads of little green alien merchandise - they're my favourites.  Bought a cuddly toy, keyrings, mobile phone charm, fridge magnet, anything I could get my paws on!

We ate at the Steakhouse that night and had a great meal, cesaer salad, steak and ice cream.  Stuffed full.  We tried for an early night as we'd been up so long but couldn't resist watching the fireworks from our room!

MONDAY

Although the park was crowded we got loads done.  Phantom Manor (is it darker in there than it used to be?), BTM, a ride on the Molly Brown - she was beautiful - PM again.

Did POTC and on into Fantasyland for dumbo, the teacups, Casey Jnr.

Went back to our hotel for a cup of tea and a swim.

Ate in Walts.  The food was fantastic.  I has cesar salad, the chicken with veg & pots and apple crumble with apricot sorbet - yum.  We also had cocktails and my daughter ate off the menu as she didn't like the halfboard plus menu (which was a bit limiting).  The waitress didn't seem able to work out our bill as a consequence (it had to be sent back twice).  Couldn't bear to send it back the third time so paid the extra few euros left on.  

It was raining when we came out so we bought our yellow ponchos and went to Buzz agan, and did Star Tours which was virtually empty.  Then we watched Fantillusion which was beautiful.

TUESDAY

Into the studios where we had our photo taken with Sulley.  I love him and was so happy.  Then we queued for Crush.  It said the wait was 90 minutes but in fact we waited only 50 minutes.  The rest of the family loved Crush, my son is 10 and he thought it was fantastic. I don't like roller coasters, I'm scared of BTM!!  What was I thinking????  I looked at the seats and thought, "yeah, they look safe, I won't feel like I'm falling out...".  Ha!  The bar came down and I was wedged in tightly with something to hold on to.  Great.  Although, thinking back, I should've realised that was a bit of a hint as to what lay ahead...

The ride started - whoosh - it was so fast.  When I saw the height of the track where it went up I knew I was doomed. OMG!  I shut my eyes (and apparently missed the shark!).  The nightmare began.  My son called it the crazy bit, where the tracks are going all over the place.  I had my eyes shut and was screaming in sheer terror so what do I know?  I felt as if I was falling out, I shoved my legs further in and bruised them.  I gibbered constantly to my daughter "Is it finished yet, is it finished yet?" to which she dutifully and honestly answered "no".  I wished she would lie. It felt neverending.  I squeezed her hand harder than I'd squeezed my husband's when I was giving birth!!  I can't honestly say what happened to me, I swear I went upside down although they - my totally unsupportive family - said I didn't.  They also said I didn't fall out, though I swear I did.  I think they even had the temerity to laugh at me!!!  :)

I came off thanking God I was in one piece.  My chin was shaking and my legs were shaking and I felt about 90.  

I can see why people love these rides, but for those like me that don't enjoy them, Crush is a terrifying nightmare! I was petrifed the whole time, and wouldn't go back on it for a million pounds!  But it IS a great ride - just not for me!

Queued for the tram tour in blistering heat, which then broke down.  The family went on Rock'n'roller coaster (no queue) while I shopped.   We went for a swim again.

Ate in the rainforest cafe, loads of food there.  We shared a mixed starter and were already half full after that.  I had a chicken burger which was huge.  

More to follow.  If someone could PM me to explain how to insert pictures into my report I'll put in some great pics that hubby took.

tubbsy

Aw Suzy, I was having a bit of a giggle reading your Crush report. I must admit that'd be me! :shock:  :lol:

Have you uploaded your photos onto a web site? When you have you then click on Img, click on the photo you want to put in, then Img again. Does that make sense  :?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club